“Great Italian Restaurant in Maui”
Review of Saltimbocca - CLOSED

Saltimbocca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Experience the taste of Italy in the middle of the Pacific. Saltimbocca is nestled in the lively and centrally located Ma'alaea Harbor and enjoys sweeping views of the ocean and Mount Haleakala. Located 10-15 minutes away from Kahului Airport and South Maui, and on the way to West Maui (Lahaina, Kaanapali, Napili 25 minutes away). Saltimbocca fuses affordable authentic Italian cuisine with outstanding hospitality and service that transcends both plate and palate. Featuring authentic dishes artfully crafted with the finest local and organic ingredients, and fresh breads and pasta noodles made in-house daily. We proudly offer vegan and gluten-free menus for our guests. Take in the restaurant's casual upscale ambiance while enjoying cool ocean breezes and gorgeous views of mountain, ocean and harbor from our patio, dining room and bar and lounge.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I know that we were in Hawaii and should be sampling the local cuisine, but we came upon this Italian restaurant and decided to give it a try.

The food preparation and the service were just what one would expect -- great. My wife had the most delicious dish that I have ever tasted -- Masha Pasta. I believe that it is the chef's signature dish.

We also had an appetizer of beef carpaccio which was excellent and I had penne arrabiata
( spicy - as I like it)

Located in Wailuku, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Generally we have found that the reviews on tripadvisor are very helpful and on the money. However, when we found out that this restaurant opened only 2 months ago, we decided to take a chance and we are delighted that we did. From the moment we walked in the door and checked in with the host, we were greeted with smiles and a welcome from every employee we passed on the way to our table. The atmosphere is relaxed and the decor is lovely. The service and the food were both excellent. We will recommend this restaurant to our friends and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A group of 10 friends decided to meet for a fun dinner, the decision as to what restaurant was difficult. We have varied tastes & could not decide among us, so decided to take a chance on a new place. We all agreed at the end on the night it was one of the very best restaurants on Maui & plan on returning. I cannot say enough about the great food,exceptional service & warm atmosphere!!! Give them a try, you will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Dauna S
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Located in the former Waterfront restaurant spot, the Saltimbocca has a great water view, great service, but disappointing Italian favors. This was one of the most expensive Italian dinners I have ever had, but unfortunately, the menu selections and flavor did not match the premium price. Since this is a new restaurant, I will give them the benefit of a three star rating, only because of a great server. Spaghetti and meatballs were very disappointing flavor wise, and house wines were overpriced when compared to many other local restaurants.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hands-down best Italian food on Maui! We stopped in last week on our second night in town. It has a lovely atmosphere, incredible view, GREAT knowledgable staff and we just felt *welcome*! My hubby and I had the too-die-for scallops & prawns with a cheese sauce that I have literally been DREAMING about and must have again...then the beautifully crisp and light callimari and into an absolutely divine pumpkin & walnut ravioli, and one of their signature dishes 'Masha's pasta' which has asparagus and delish prawns. The wine pairings were dead-on and the superb dessert to follow ended what was simply the best dining experience we have had on our 10th trip to Maui. We are going back this weekend, and will make it a point to be regulars! Its a must!!!