“Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saltimbocca - CLOSED

Saltimbocca
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience the taste of Italy in the middle of the Pacific. Saltimbocca is nestled in the lively and centrally located Ma'alaea Harbor and enjoys sweeping views of the ocean and Mount Haleakala. Located 10-15 minutes away from Kahului Airport and South Maui, and on the way to West Maui (Lahaina, Kaanapali, Napili 25 minutes away). Saltimbocca fuses affordable authentic Italian cuisine with outstanding hospitality and service that transcends both plate and palate. Featuring authentic dishes artfully crafted with the finest local and organic ingredients, and fresh breads and pasta noodles made in-house daily. We proudly offer vegan and gluten-free menus for our guests. Take in the restaurant's casual upscale ambiance while enjoying cool ocean breezes and gorgeous views of mountain, ocean and harbor from our patio, dining room and bar and lounge.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Unexpected visit revealed a delightful new restaurant. Nice modern twists on some Italian classics. Bread was awesome, some good rustic food on the menu and a great setting. Not so cheap, but quality and taste are bursting from every mouthful. Chef knows Italian, no question about it. Certainly one to check out.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Bavaro, Dominican Republic
“Unsatisfied”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were there last week, the place close at 9:30 PM. On the beginning we were looking at the menu outside and the prices were acceptable. One young lady convinced us to enter saying that one hour was plenty of time to have dinner.
The waiter was Jo. He was nice on the beginning but didn't look natural at all. I think he was more interested on himself then on our needs. Every minutes was beside looking at the table and trying to remove something. If you are looking for a bit of privacy then go somewhere else!
He served the salad with our main plate when we clearly said that we wanted before. Then he removed the plate of my daughter with one fifth of the pasta while I was giving her food since she is only 2. He tried 2 times before and at the end when I was talking to my wife he did it!
The table wasn't stable.
The food was nothing special at all, normal sauce that as italian I can do in probably 3 minutes or less.
The prices outside they are very different from the price inside. It says here you can eat from 7 dollar, could you please tell me honestly what we can eat with that? Please...
All was in rush probably because was late?

Don't go there!!!
It is a shame because the place has a very nice view even if it is always very windy and cold in this period for a dinner on the terrace.

• Visited January 2014
Kihei, Hawaii
“My new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have dined here several times. But finally had to review this place because of the consistent amazing food and service. Very quick info on me. I am a chef and have been working in restaurants for 14 years. I have had the opportunity to travel to Italy and enjoy authentic Italian food. On that note here is my review:

You'll feel like family. This is a place where you can go have an elegant dinner with your significant other and enjoy some nice Italian wine. Or you can come in off of one of the harbor boats with your whole family and enjoy your dinner family style. I have had the opportunity to do both. I have been in with just my husband and also have been there with a party of 35. Quality of food and service was not compromised with the larger party which was a nice surprise!

I have tried a lot of their food. I am going to list my favorite items: Caesar salad, caprese salad, all of the bruschettas, calamari, scallop appetizer, bolognese, mushroom risotto, parpadelle, masha's pasta, osso bucco, sal tim bocca, pork chop, panicotta, profiteroles, and the tiramisu. If I went in for dinner tonight I would order the caprese salad to start then probably have the masha's pasta or the osso bucco and finish with the tiramisu.

Why do I love the food so much? They make it all in house from their bread and pasta to their sauces and desserts. They import in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And they use as much local organic product as possible. It's a great combination. Not to mention I found out their chef was born and raised in Italy.... can you say authentic : )

I'm always blown away by the friendly knowledgeable service as well. Considering this place has been open a little over a month I am very impressed. I can't wait to go back and to bring visiting friends and family there.

• Visited January 2014
Lahaina, Maui, HI USA
“Good Food, Great Ambiance, Excellent Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Best Italian food I've had on Maui. As a business world traveler, I've been lucky to eat in some of the finest establishments around the world and I'm very familiar with the dining experience. As a 13 year Maui resident, I know what to expect in our island paradise. Satimbocca impressed me on both front from the moment I walked in the door with genuine smiling faces and fresh printed menus. The staff is obviously trained by professionals and immediately gave the warm feeling of being with family. The owners backed that up by individually visiting our table to ensure everything was right. They want their restaurant to function at a high level and it shows. My partner had the pumpkin ravioli that I had never had before and sorry I didn't order this very tasty treat. I had the fish that was very fresh and excellently prepared. My waiter was extremely attentive and personable. I have nothing bad to say about my experience and hope this restaurant stays with Maui. Oh, can't forget the veiw of the harbor and soft lighting ambience - great place to take a date! Thank you Saltimbocca for reaching out to serve Maui by filling a hole in our dining.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LLT2Maui
Vancouver
“Great Food and reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Sal Tim Bocca on New Years Day. We had no idea it even existed until we walked by and saw an inviting patio over looking the harbour. We had the Carne Platter which consisted of a pork chop, veal piccata, ossobuco, risotto, and potatoes and vegetables. The meal was fantastic. Hot and delicious. Dinner for two with wine came to 100 dollars, which is a great value in Maui. The service was also amazing and the owner of the restaurant is on hand ensuring everything was perfect. In fact we liked it so much we went the following evening and we plan to go again during our vacation. If you want a delicious authentic Italian dinner with great service and a magical view this is the place to go. Perfecto!

Visited January 2014