“Hidden restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Kahului, Hawaii
“Hidden restaurant”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a local customer and I didn't expect there is a hidden restaurant on Maui that serves variety of food. This restaurant not only serve healthy food but it also caters for local people like me. If you are visiting from somewhere try their loco moco, roasted roast pork and thai grilled chicken with chili sauce. Soooooooooooooooooooooo gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

• Visited November 2012

maui
“Dimond on the Rough of Wailuku”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

When we walked in, we were unexpectedly surprised that it had very nice atmosphere. Food was great for the area. It was not the typical junky local plate lunch place which was refreshing, even though they had plenty of local dishes on the menu. I will definitely go back. It also helped that they had really cold beer on draft.

• Visited November 2012
Wailuku, Maui
“Great Wailuku Restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is an easy restaurant to miss. During the day, you can drive right past it. At night, the lights in the trees are more inviting. Inside the decor is surprisingly nice. The menu is quirky but good, and in my experience, the food has always been excellent.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank MaluhiaMaui
Maui, Hawaii
“great local feel”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I took my family to aks because i heard some great things. we had a great time. this is a dont miss for good local family food. ive been looking for clam chowder and it was the best so far. the fried chicken had a batter which was killer and the terriyaki sauce was wonderful. really good desserts, only had one flavor of ice cream and the beer we choose tapped out and it was still early. this was my only complaint. price was ok, a lot less than other places ive eaten. so if you REALLY want a locals place then take a trip to wailuku/kahului area for some ono.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mark w
Weyers Cave, Virginia
“Beautiful presentation!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A.K.'s Cafe seemed like a place I'd see featured on Diners, Drive-in's,and Dives. It was easy to miss if we weren't looking for it. The menu featured a "healthy choice" section, which I ordered from. You chose 4 oz. protein, 3/4 cup starch, and vegetables. I got Ono, purple sweet potatoes, and steamed veggies. The plate was beautiful and colorful as well as delicious. Everything the 4 of us ordered was pretty to look at and yummy to eat. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good meal at a reasonable price!

Visited July 2012