“Sunset Cruise-Best $60 I spent in Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Brookline, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sunset Cruise-Best $60 I spent in Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My group went on the Sunset Cruise last Thursday evening, 2/13/14. It was absolutely fabulous. The food was fantastic, the crew went above and beyond to make the trip the best and who doesn't love an open bar. Especially with top shelf liquor! Aside from all of that, and the sunset, it was basically a whale watching trip as well! I will do this trip every time I come back to Maui. Worth every penny!

2 Thank Karyn R

Toronto, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“loved every minute of it...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

first off I would like to say 'mahalo' to the staff on the 'pride of maui' - I have been to Maui once before and did not do a trip of this nature and this time our party of 9 did it - from the time we hopped on the boat it was an awesome day - small muffin, fruit breakfast was nice - boat ride out to Molokini was nice (saw some whales en-route) - once we got to Molokini it was paradise - the staff will brief you in snuba (our group did the snuba) - I won't lie to you with little experience in snorkeling, snuba, scuba I was a little intimidated by the snuba once I got in the water so be weary if you have little water experience - once in the water I will say stay close to your groups but not too close as to get tangled up but the staff person will be close by and very helpful if need be to un-tangle or aid if you have a problem under water - saw a ton of fish under the water, traquil, beautiful if all I can say (Mother Nature) after Molokini you head to turtle town which was awesome also - there we snorkeled (you I guess can pick to snuba at either Molokini or turtle town (we picked snuba Molokini) and snorkled at turtle town - anyway at turtle town it was awesome - saw some big turtles under the water and one came up for air and hung out a little which was awesome again seeing it somewhat up-close and personal - again the staff our out in the water with you to aid you if need be - after turtle town you head back to shore where they feed you (food was nice/good) - open bar which was awesome - mahalo to 'pride of maui' - I think if I was to do this again which I hope to I will feel more comfortable the next time as to diving lower with the snuba but great job by all the staff - they run around / multi-task and do a great job - weather was perfect for our day out on the water which I will say helps in making it a memorable experience - mahalo and hopefully see you soon - they do rent / purchase underwater cameras or you can bring you own - one note if you want a wet-suit it is an extra $10.00 - there is a slide which was awesome and once your snuba is done - don't pack it in snorkel as much as you wish - water was beautiful and warm

2 Thank stantsy
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a great time on this snorkel trip. The staff was helpful, friendly and low key. Captain Tiffany pointed out a ton of whales so we didn't need to book a whale watching tour! Turtle town wasn't as exciting as we hoped but we loved all the free mai tai's and beer!

1 Thank MMM_pdx
Columbia City, IN
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Pride of Maui does it best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We always book the snorkel trip to Molekini and Turtle Town with the Pride of Maui. They really do it up right! They leave at 8:00 am and return about 1:00 pm. There is an optional photo opportunity before boarding the boat (photo is $20). The buffet continental breakfast is more than enough with coffee, juice, fresh strawberries, fruit, and assorted muffins. Be sure to get a seat along the rail on the top deck for the best views (and back support. The crew is very attentive and helpful. We always see whales on the trip to the crater. After that snorkel stop there is a BBQ'd buffet lunch on the way to the second snorkel stop at Turtle Town with chicken breasts, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers with all the toppings. Also, pasta salad, veggies and dip, tea, water, and pop. After the snorkel stop at Turtle Town, fresh macadamia nut cookies are served along with the open bar all the way back to the Maalhea Harbor. They also have a fresh, hot water shower on board as you get out of the ocean to rinse off. All the snorkel gear and floatation devices are provided. You can also upgrade to snuba ($58) or scuba diving if you wish, as well as rent a high-end underwater camera that they will download to a DVD for you to take with you. For beginner snorkelers, I think it is easier to snorkel off the boat in the calm waters rather than try to enter the ocean's waves from the beach.

On this last trip to Maui, we also booked the "Discover Lanai" trip with Trilogy. The Pride of Maui definitely has the best value for the dollar, the best food, and the best overall snorkel and ocean experience! Trilogy uses a "controlled feeding" strategy that really limits the food and beverages you are able to have. They only give you a napkin (no paper plates) and just serve you one piece of whatever at a time (rather than the buffet, help yourself opportunity). Although both crews and staffs were great, Pride of Maui's overall trip experience was the absolute best. If you have to make a choice, definitely choose Pride of Maui. You will NOT be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank JackieNChuck
H, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Whale Watching Ok Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a mini family reunion of 20 people. We were all able to get on the same Snorkel/Whale watching tour. We picked this tour because we had children ages 5-14 and adults ages 20-60. It was a great overall experience. We saw plenty of whales. The snorkeling experience left something to be desired, but the service and friendliness from the staff aboard the Pride of Maui was wonderful. The boat was very spacious. The lunch was filling for everyone. They offered unlimited water, juice, and soda. There was an open bar available but we did not take part in that. Overall, it was a great experience for our entire family. There was also a fresh water shower on the boat for after snorkeling. The price was very reasonable and affordable for a family.

1 Thank jguisi