“I learned!”
Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Fresno, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I learned!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I will consider this a valuable learning experience. I did a lot of research prior to booking, til I was a bit weary. PoM offered the Snuba and Turtle Bay, so I thought this would be the one. Booked online, so no asking how many would be boarding. For me, too many. 100 or more. A 65 Cat should have told me that, but I didn't yet know. The other thing I didn't like was all the "selling", as soon as we were lined up to board, it began and continued...photos, cameras, and more photos. One thing I did like was the wet suit vest and reasoning. Made sense. I was lucky and got one of the few new snorkels with the newer reason valve. I actually went in the water with 3 different masks til I got one that fit right. My fault. I agree with two of the reviews I later saw commenting on too many people and not enough sea turtles or variety of fish. I'm so glad I got to Snuba and glad I had no problems, because I felt the guide did not observe his divers often enough. I've done this once before and it was perfect. But we sign a paper, so... The food was fun--building your burger. Sorry but I also have to be critical of the photography. Just too many people to get meaningful underwater pictures. Awful! My photo before boarding was very good, but 20 bucks! All in all, I personally would not go again with this PoM. But of you like large groups, then this is for you. With so many, no one is vested. And I definitely enjoyed my snorkeling on the N? side of Black Rock more. Sorry, just too big a party!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jazzie2me

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not bad - but not amazing”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I came to Maui for our honeymoon. I love snorkeling and thought it would be a fun excursion for us to do. I did some research before-hand and the reason I picked Pride of Maui over some other snorkel tours was 1) Because of the hot grilled lunch - was we did enjoy and 2) Because of the visit to "Turtle Town".
We went on the morning snorkel to Molokini. I have gone snorkelling in the Caribbean before and I realized that I like the small tours. The Pride of Maui is a big boat and can fit many people. While the tour was not sold out when we went, it was quite busy. We sat on the upper deck for the 1 hour ride to Molokini. Itend to get slightly sea-sick, so I did take some Dramamine beforehabd, but I still didnt feel great during the ride. When we got to Molokini, everyone jumped out and snorkelled for about an hour. Molokini was really nice, the visibility is amazing! No turtles, but all difference kinds of fish and coral.
Next we started hearding to "Turtle Town". Turtle town was a pitstop somewhere near the South side of Maui, I think. In the open water - we jumped out and although I did get to see a turtle, there was nothing else to see. I was kind of dissapointed.
All in all, we had a good time - however next time I would prefer to take a small tour, and not feel like just another number on the boat.

2 Thank Luv2Trvl1983
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great afternoon swimming with turtles!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The snorkelling was great! We saw five turtles, all different sizes, one of which was close to four feet long! Along with the turtles there is lots of cool fish and reef to explore. They let you out in the water for up to 45 min which was awesome. After snorkelling on the drive back there is an open bar (the mai tais were perfect) and lunch that consisted of beef, chicken, or veggie burgers, pasta salad, and cookies. For $50 a person you can't get a better deal to swim with turtles, have a great lunch, and a beautiful boat ride along the coast of Maui. The crew were equally as great, and we very eager to help and make every ones day enjoyable.

August 21, 2013

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Out of the 9 days we spent in Hawaii, one of our most favorites was our day spent with Pride of Maui! The captain and crew were fantastic! I had a touch of sea sickness while out on the water, and they took total care of me. Other than my getting a tad motion sick (I advise you take Dramamine beforehand if your susceptible to this), my experience will last a lifetime! We snorkeled in Molokini crater and Turtle Town. Both were breathtaking with the variety of fish and coral. The turtles were definitely a special treat!! I couldn't believe how close they'd get to humans. To top this all off, the free food (burgers, hot dogs, and grilled chicken) and open bar were pretty damn good! This is a must-do while in Maui!

Chicago, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Simply Excellent”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This tour we went on (Molokini & Turtle Town) has it all.

The beautiful waters of Molokini have plenty of tour boats (limited can go, but the spot is full with those allowed) that can get you out to the location. What makes this boat different is the service team on board!!

They made my wife so comfortable and welcome. She does not like boats, and is not typically willing to jump in the waters on snorkel trips, but the way they made her feel, and willing to send in someone to help her in the water who was a professional was such unbelievable service, it made her have an even better time.

She was in the water all of 10 minutes, but in that time, they got her to see tons of fish, take a photo with me, and showed her how she was safe, which was her main concern.

Many tour operators have rights ro show you all sorts of exotic locales and reefs in Hawaii, but the service of this staff was what puts them this high on my ratings.

Note: turtle down is a sham, I saw more turtles snorkeling on my own, than I saw in 'Turtle Town'. While we stopped I saw three. In just one stop alone on Maui I saw more than that, in less time. Lots of boats bring you there though, so just enjoy the ride over and understand that you will see more if you don't see anything there.