“"Very Great Trip"”
Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I really did not know what to expect when we booked this trip. The weather was great , location was excellent. The service we got from the crew was top notch. The food served was good, the only thing I would suggest is that you have diet drinks like G2 or diet Dr pepper , light lemonade, tea, stuff diabetics can drink. Which this seems to be a problem ever where we went in Hawaii. As far as the swimming it was good, very outstanding job in making sure all guest understood rules and options they had to offer. The only thing I did not like was that there was too many people aboard not enough places to sit.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"boat ride"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my third trip to Maui. First time with Pride of Maui. I was very impressed with the service. No glitches here. I made my reservation weeks in advance. This was my second attempt to see Molokini, and the morning trip delivered. On my last stay, not knowing any better, I booked
an afternoon trip with another company, but high winds prevented us from reaching Molokini. The crew here was outstanding, and very attentive. I was traveling alone, and they went out of their way to make me comfortable. Food and beverage service was great. I would recommend Pride of Maui to anyone wishing to snorkel @ Molokini and Turtle Town. There were many families on board with very young children, and they had all the equipment necessary for all skill levels.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a blast!! This was our 2nd time on the Pride and when we come back, we'll take the Pride again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took the 1 p.m. tour. Greatest time! Boat ride- magnificent! Snorkeling- the BEST! All you can eat- Hello!? We can eat a lot! All you can drink- got my $40's worth right there! Picture this... the tunes are jamming, you are rockin' out, sliding off the front of the boat into the beautiful Pacific Ocean after doing some of the most awesome snorkeling imaginable!! One regret- I hadn't booked it for 2 days! (btw Look around on the internet you can find a coupon I'm sure.) Cost was like $150 for the 4 of us. (You can't buy dinner and drinks for that while in Hawaii!) Even if you don't get in the water it's worth every penny people! The turtle part was less than under whelming but people- it's nature, what do expect? Bales of turtles to be released on Que!? They have all the snorkel gear and different flotation apparatus' imaginable for all levels of swimmers. They will make you feel comfortable! Boogie boards, life jackets, noodles, you name it! They gotchya covered! So here is my only complaint: When you pull into the harbor the loading dock for the Pride Of Maui is on your immediate left next to the Coast Guard where it says "do not enter" not out in front of you where you see ALL the other boats and people. It's tucked down that first set of docks where you would think, "I can't go back there, it says do not enter", what it means is "no parking", you CAN enter! Loved it, Loved it, Loved it! Buy yourself an underwater camera, ditch your big clunky regular one because you are going to want to remember this for the rest of your life, or at least till you get back to Maui!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My recommendation would be to get a smaller/ less expensive boat and get there early. Read below if you want to know why...

By the time you get to Molokini, there are like 50 boats already there. That's because the boarding/registration process is absolutely horrible. Parking area is a bit hard to find because there were no attendants in the entrances to the harbor. It takes forever to sign in and board the boat, not to mention that the silly picture taking process makes everything worse. At the time of signing up, they do not tell you that you could only Snuba in 1 of the sites (Molokini or Turtle Town) and that, if you want to do both, it'll cost you the other arm and leg. Oh & if you want to get a wet suit shirt, it'll cost you another limb PLUS you can only pay them in cash (because it's some outside vendor that does that) You arrive to Turtle town so late that the turtles have all packed their bags and left for the day. We were very disappointed in the boat activities also. They have a water slide but you can't even use it because they crowd all of the snorkelers right under it, making it impossible/unsafe for you to slide down it.

well, this review took a nice chunk of my lunch time so hopefully you benefit from it! Happy trails!!!!!!