“Amazing day”
Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I went on the morning trip to Molokini and then on to Turtle Town.

I’m not a strong swimmer and was quite anxious but the staff put my mind at ease the moment I stepped onboard. They gave me a pool noodle and also a floatation belt to put around my waist to ensure I wouldn’t sink!

The snorkelling at Molokini was brilliant, the water was warm, crystal clear and you can see the reefs and the colourful fish. Molokini is amazing and very beautiful!

After swimming here for a while we were given some lunch. I’m a vegan and they had a special meal made for me (I informed them of my dietary requirements at the time of booking) along with cereal bars and plenty of drinks and there was a salad bar also.

We went on to Turtle Town, unfortunately only saw one turtle but it was shy so we didn’t get to swim with it. The sea here was much deeper and a little rougher as well but it was such an amazing experience.

I would recommend this trip and I would do it again. Bring plenty of sun cream and top up between the snorkelling as there were quite a few burnt bodies by the end of the day. You don’t realise you’re getting burnt because you’re kept cool enough on the moving boat!

The boat was filled to capacity and there were no seats left once everyone sat down. I would have preferred to go with a smaller group but because I’m weary of the water I think it was best for me to be on a big boat - I felt safe.

1  Thank Eviecus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"food was great"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a fantastic experience! My friends and I took the Sunset Cruise on The Pride of Maui last week. The staff was super friendly as soon as we arrived to the boarding area. You can tell these people love their jobs! The Captain greeted everyone before boarding and gave thorough safety instructions and an explanation of what to expect on board. The crew members were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area when we asked questions about the sights we were seeing during the cruise. The food was incredible! I was expecting maybe burgers or chicken fingers, and that was not the case at all! I certainly did not expect shrimp, chicken, and ribs (plus dessert) and it was all delicious! The bartenders were well trained and the drinks were just right. The on-board musician was better than you might expect, too. We were really impressed with his soothing voice. It set the perfect tone for a sunset cruise. Overall, this boat ride was a favorite memory of our trip to Maui and I'm telling you, you'd really be missing out if you miss this boat!

1  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It was really fun.
I loved it! My kids (teenagers) loved it!
All the others on the trip seemed to enjoy it immensely as well.
The staff is super friendly and made it fun. We actually made friends with a few other families on board that we got together with later on our Maui visit.
The staff was professional and I felt like my kids and I were safe in their hands.
The food was very good and you could eat as much as you wanted.
They gave a very detailed lesson on snorkeling if you wanted - otherwise you could jump in and go!
I recommend this adventure highly.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were in Kihei for a friends wedding and a large group of us decided to go see Molokini with the Pride of Maui. The boat was comfortable, food was good, snorkeling was great and staff/crew were accommodating and good fun. Would highly recommend Pride of Maui to anyone looking for a great day out on the water.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my second trip to Molokini crater, but the first on the Pride of Maui. The boat was a bit hard to find at the dock, but after asking around, we found it. Aim to arrive early in order to find parking as many boats are leaving around the same time and parking is limited. The boat held a large group of people and once we were at Molokini, there MANY more people. The snorkelling was good, but there are better, less crowded options to be had. The trip itself was good though. Friends of mine did a scuba dive and they enjoyed it. We went to turtle town, but only saw one turtle - I think this was because there were quite a few boats and many people in the water, so the turtles were a bit shy. The total duration of the boat drive was good - we arrived back just after lunchtime. The food on the boat was good too - continental breakfast, burgers for lunch and cookies/snacks.