“Good Food”

Archie's
Ranked #54 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We gathered there with lots of other people. The ambience is very local and just great. The staff were working really hard and could still smile. The Tonkatsu was good ... ono. The people who had the Chicken Tofu made comments about "plenny onions". I looked ... wow, looked like a whole onion was cooked in there. The person who had the Salmon said it was good.

There are newer reviews for Archie's

Reviewed December 21, 2011

In 1973, when I cut out of high school to drink coffee with the "art students," I sat in booth 2, against the east wall. Nothing has changed, except for the wait staff: they will always be kids. The breaded teriyaki steak that George (Sheik's Restaurant) invented and took to Honolulu remains a faithful lunch and dinner item here. But the spectacular giant bowls of saimin, won ton min and such, with all the garnishes, are the best on Maui. The tempura batter is always fresh, which makes all the difference in taste. The Hiyashi somen is perfectly cold (you WANT it that way!) and the fried fish dishes seem to melt in your mouth. It took a cold, rainy day to get me back to Archie's. I think I'll have a 50-year party there in 2023. I'm sure the teishoku grilled salmon will be fresh!

Reviewed March 15, 2009

We were in Archie's tonight. Our timing was good and a little before 7pm there was no problem of parking. The inside is a little run down and the athmosphere is hard to describe, but the service was extremly friendly. Every question was answered and the menu explained. I hac the butterfish and spouse the teriaki steak. Both tasted great and the amount of food is more than enough. We had a filling dinner for under $20!!
I can surely recomend this place. but please be aware, they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed September 22, 2008

great japanese and local foods. we go here often and always have fresh and tasty ingredients. run by local people with heart who treat their customers like family . the parking lot is small (more parking available across the street). very popular place so recommend you go early (they open for lunch @ 11:00am and dinner @ 5;00pm). portions are generous and prices very reasonable.

Reviewed August 25, 2008

Japanese and local food done right. Only complaint is parking.