“Still our favorite Maui breakfast place”

Tasty Crust Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Tasty Crust feels like coming home to old Maui. A comfortable locals place with lots of character and characters. We love their corn bread! My favorite is the opakapaka and eggs. Excellent food at very reasonable prices. Be prepared for a humble locals place serving outstanding Maui locals food.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were looking for a breakfast spot and found this on Yelp. They were highlighted for their banana pancakes and they didn't disappoint! I also ordered some Portuguese sausage on the side and they were very flavorful! The actual highlight of this restaurant was the awesome vending machine it had. There was cantaloupe flavored Hi-Chew and dried mangoes with li hing powder! My absolute favorite treats that I couldn't resist. Cool local spot to check out if you're in the area.

1  Thank lamb1028
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having seen that mainland visitors have different taste buds, this review is for the locals. If you are looking for a great local style breakfast place, this is IT. Most of the breakfast items are ala carte and while the portions aren't exactly the biggest, the deliciousness makes up for it. Heard everybody raving about the pancakes but I've never tried them so I can't say. If you're looking for Portuguese sausage, corned beef hash, bacon, eggs, fried rice and coffee...this is the PLACE.

As for the tourists who visit Maui, do yourself a favor and skip IHOP and Denny's. Come here and get some REAL local breakfast fare!

1  Thank 808traveler
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here based on reviews from here and also best pancake ranking from the Maui Times. Having been to Hawaiian Style Cafe on the Big Island where the pancakes were amazing, we were expecting the same amazing pancakes. We were a little disappointed. The pancakes were ok. They had a different texture, more cake like. I can tell lots of butter was used to make the outside crunchy. We also ordered the Kalbi Ribs which I also had on the Big Island and I was also a little disappointed. It was fatty and sweet. The service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. Nothing fancy.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the loco moco breakfast which consisted of rice with an hamburger beef patty on top smothered with gravy and and egg on top of it all. I didn't think that that combination would go together, boy was i wrong. The real star though was their banana pancakes with coconut syrup, i highly recommend them as they were excellent! I would fly back to Maui just to have some more lol

1  Thank Jacob H