“You must try the Tahitian Prawns!!! They are the best”
Review of Buzz's Wharf Restaurant - CLOSED

Buzz's Wharf Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor
Transit: Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is just a 1 minute walk from the Ma'alaea Harbor Village bus stop. Buses from all over Maui (Wailuku, Lahaina and Kihei) stop at Ma'alaea Harbor every hour.
Description: Established in 1967 In 1967, Jerry & Eileen Macdonald opened Buzz's Wharf Restaurant in the Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor, where it still stands today. They shared 30 successful years in the restaurant business on Maui and Honolulu. In 1993, the Macdonald's retired and the next generation took over. The American Cuisine with an Island flavor continues on. Mrs. Macdonald's French Tahitian roots contributed to many of the unique menu items. Their signatures dish the " Prawns Tahitian" being the most popular.Buzz's Wharf Restaurant recently celebrated 45 years of operation, and is one of Maui's Long Standing restaurants. As a landmark in Ma'alaea Bay Harbor, Buzz's continues, year after year, to greet and extend their ho'okipa (hospitality) to both newcomers and their loyal local and visitor clientele. Our ocean front dining room offers panoramic views of the harbor, Mt. Haleakala and the southern coastline of Maui which only serve to enhance your dining experience.
anchorage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must try the Tahitian Prawns!!! They are the best”
Reviewed February 22, 2007

I was so shocked to see some of the negative reviews! I have been going to Maui for the past 19 years in a row and I (not once) have had a bad meal or bad service. The Tahitian Prawns are spectacular and cooked to perfection. The price for the dinner is very reasonable. I live in Alaska and the prices for going out to eat, is very comparable, not to mention that we have the finest of seafood. If you don't want to pay good money for good food then stick to McDonald's of Skippers/Long John Silvers. I suggest that you give the Tahitian Prawns a try, I just know that you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank LyndaDonahoe

Calgary, Alberta
“Worst meal of our trip!”
Reviewed November 18, 2006

We had heard that Buzz's was a good place to go so decided to try it. The food was NOT good and the service was terrible. To top it all off, when we returned home to Canada, I later checked my Visa bill and found that we were double charged for our meal!!

2 Thank Richdl
San Diego, California
“Can't Recommend it”
Reviewed November 4, 2006

We went to Buzz's on 10/28/06. The service was OK - location is convienient, but the food just wasn't worth the price. I had the crab cakes which had so much grease I had to blot them with the napkin. The clam chowder had no clams. It was a $60 lunch that became the joke of our trip!

1 Thank SMG1111
Kihei, Hawaii
“Not Just Bad but the Worst”
Reviewed November 2, 2006

Imagine the worst meal you've ever had and having to pay $100 plus for it. What a terrible experience. Tasteless rolls, a dish called Volcano Sashimi or some such thing that both looked and tasted like it came out of a can, the Mahi Mahi special which was overcooked, dry and probably less then 4 oz. in size, vegetables that had some poorly matched herb on the top and mashed potatoes I can guarantee you will not think about touching after the first bite.

A totally miserable, overpriced meal with so so service and an air condition set to freezing.

Whatever you do, avoid this joke of a restaurant

3 Thank Gary B
Orlando, FL
“Tahitain Shrimp in Maui!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We ate here for dinner on 4/14/06. We were warned it would be pricey, they didn't lie. So enough money talk... I ordered the Tahitian shrimp with the fresh Wahoo sauteed. Heavenly, so good, melts in your mouth!!!!! I also had the house White Zin, very nice. Mom had the crab cakes for an appi, and the Tahitian shrimp for entree. She thought the crab cakes were good but she liked her homemade ones better. But we both agreed the shrimp was to die for. Our dinner came out to $80 or $90 for 2 people. Like I said pricey, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the best tasting shrimp on earth! Make sure you make reservations or you might have to wait. We arrived about an hour earlier than our reservations but they were able to seat fairly quickly. While we waited we enjoyed the live Hawaiian singer playing the ukalele. He sung a great version of Alicia Keys "Fallin" in a scatty Hawaiian tone. They sat us in front of the window overlooking the harbor. You won't regret this I promise.

1 Thank Sivan M