“Great Lunch”

Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor
Transit: Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is just a 1 minute walk from the Ma'alaea Harbor Village bus stop. Buses from all over Maui (Wailuku, Lahaina and Kihei) stop at Ma'alaea Harbor every hour.
Description: Established in 1967 In 1967, Jerry & Eileen Macdonald opened Buzz's Wharf Restaurant in the Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor, where it still stands today. They shared 30 successful years in the restaurant business on Maui and Honolulu. In 1993, the Macdonald's retired and the next generation took over. The American Cuisine with an Island flavor continues on. Mrs. Macdonald's French Tahitian roots contributed to many of the unique menu items. Their signatures dish the " Prawns Tahitian" being the most popular.Buzz's Wharf Restaurant recently celebrated 45 years of operation, and is one of Maui's Long Standing restaurants. As a landmark in Ma'alaea Bay Harbor, Buzz's continues, year after year, to greet and extend their ho'okipa (hospitality) to both newcomers and their loyal local and visitor clientele. Our ocean front dining room offers panoramic views of the harbor, Mt. Haleakala and the southern coastline of Maui which only serve to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped here on our last day on Maui on a whim after driving thru/by the other resaurants located near the Maui Aquarium. We were pleasantly surprised. the place has a fantastic view of the harbor and ocean. waitress was great, the sandwiches we ordered very good. i would go back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Buzz's Wharf Restaurant

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Buzz's for an early evening dinner. It was not busy when we arrived but we waited awhile to be seated, not a big deal. It appeared that the person running the front door was new to the position. Once seated, the watress was helpful, but the friendliness seemed forced. Meal-wise it was a mixed bag. My Mahi-mahi (catch of the day) was excellent, but PARTS of the brown rice side were overcooked; dried out to the point of being rock hard and inedible. The vegetables were average. My wife had steak and it was average, but the sides were good. Of the three kids - two had grill cheese which they ate and had no comment. The other had mac and cheese - which he wouldn't eat. I tried and agreed - it was aweful. The mac was overdone and sort of fell apart in your mouth, and the home-made cheese sauce was quite taste-less. Not a good dish at all. We shared some of their famous tahitian prawns as an appetizer and was unimpressed. I was glad I chose the mahi-mahi for a main dish.

It was expensive (but so was most of Hawaii).

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to Buzz's anticipating fresh fish for lunch...but they were out. Service was horrible. We had to ask the hostess if our table had been assigned a server after waiting 25 minutes to be aknowledged we were sitting at the table waiting for a menu.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ate here twice and the food was always outstanding. They have the best and freshest fish and chips I've ever eaten in my life. The dinner time bartender makes the best piña colada I have ever tasted too (the daytime bartender, not so much). The entertainer during our dinner meal was so talented, he brought us all to tears singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". I was greatly impressed with the servers. I was having a blood sugar attack my second visit and the waiter found some bread for us even though they don't usually serve bread till dinner. My only complaint about our experience is the woman who greeted us at dinner was very rude (not the young lady who works in the daytime, she was super sweet). She seemed to have an attitude about answering any questions. We were in such a good mood we didn't let her snootiness get us down but I think the owners should know she is a dark spot in their otherwise virtually FLAWLESS restaurant. I will come back to this lovely place again and again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ate at buzzs several times during our stay and we did not have any issues with the service or food. Try the prime rib sandwich for a real treat. Their breakfast was great and huge if you are a little eater there was enough for two people in their breakfast.