“Great food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I ate here a few times while staying at the Northshore Hostel and every meal I had was excellent!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had yummy red curry with chicken and my husband had pad thai. Both of our dishes were very good but it's the atmosphere that sets this place apart. It is like eating in someones private garden. From the outside you'd wonder if they were even open, but stepping inside its hard to believe you're in the same place. Tables and a few booths are set up around a lovely courtyard. Service was good and I'd definitely go back if in this section of Maui again.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My girlfriend had been telling us how great this place was, so eight of us came for dinner. The waiter was so rude it was shocking. He rushed everyone, was belligerent and said nasty comments like "Welcome to the tropics and rolling his eyes," when our friends were trying to join us... a nasty little man... If he can't handle the pressure of a full restaurant (which one would think would be a desired thing) maybe he should look for a new line of work. (Soon I hope, I'd like to come back because the food was great) We weren't the only ones he was rude to, he was obnoxious to everyone coming in... he wasn't selective about who he was treating badly...!

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Saeng's is a spacious clean place in an obscure location. We tried two different curry dishes and both were excellent. Located centrally in Wailuku, but not on the main street. We looked at prior reviews before going. I had fresh mahimahi in my curry, loved it.

1  Thank BilgeB
Reviewed August 1, 2010

After our trip to the Bailey Museum, we found this restaurant. The atmosphere was good. The food they served was quite good but the quantity was less. That is why we had to order one more dish. Even the house fried rice had less than expected quantity.