“Good grinds!” 4 of 5 stars

Sam Sato's Incorporated
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good grinds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you're looking for good local food, this is the spot. Locally owned and operated. Mellow atmosphere. Although sometimes crowded, they do their best to get your party seated as quickly as possible.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Quinto6

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Let's eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Outstanding customer service found at Sam Sato’s Inc! The food was delicious and filling but we had a hard time locating the property but once we found it I was in HEAVEN! I had the Won Ton Special and we also sampled the Dry Min and Cheeseburger which brought back some good ole memories for me. On the way out we had to grab a few of their sweet temptations. While in Maui please stop by and visit.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Shane F
Sunnyvale, CA
“Local eats, good prices, popular with the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We tried the dry mien and found it ok but not especially great tasting. It was sort do like pasty chow mien if you don't rinse off the starch when you par boil the noodles before frying them. There was a light soy-like flavor to the generous portion served with some shredded BBQ pork with green onions and some soy beans. A cup of broth was served with the noodles when we generously applied to the noodle bowl to help dilute some of the starchy and salty flavor. BBQ beef sticks and chicken stickers were well done and tasty. We bought some of their turnovers because we heard they were well regarded and found them pretty good as well. I'd go back if I was in the area and needed something quick but there are a lot of choices on Maui

Visited January 2014
2 Thank ECL
“terribly salty noddles”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

ordered a small pan of noodles for New Year's Eve. it cost $25, which was reasonable. I took my first bite and was surprised at how salty the noodles were. yuck!

Bellingham, Washington
“Cheap eats, but you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

From reviews, Sam Sato's looked like the kind of small mom and pop place I love to find so we got there early and waited in line with the locals for a great noodle lunch. Unfortunately, all three dishes we ordered (all different) disappointed. All our dishes were quite bland, and except for the won tons in my brother's mixed noodle dish, all the noodles were extra hard/firm in a way I don't quite understand. Mind you, I'm someone who requires my pasta 'al dente' so I don't think undercooking was the issue--it was more like they were made out of a super-dense dough with a little Quik-crete thrown in. Off day? I have to think so even though I see another reviewer who had a similar experience, because the food we had sure didn't merit the loyalty of their obviously strong customer base. The Yakitoris were great, though.

• Visited November 2013