“Never knew noodles could be this good.”

Sam Sato's Incorporated
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 29, 2013

To be honest I was a little skeptical to go for noodles when there is so much great food on Maui. I wad even eyeing other items on their menu. I ended up doing a dry noodle dish, and have never been more impressed. The noodles are amazing and held on to the flavor of the broth wonderfully. I wish we could eat lime this on the mainland! While you are there try a masala for appetizer as well. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Grabbed lunch here with my daughter-in-law and grandaughter that live on the island. When I said I wanted to go to a local place that they enjoyed, this was where they took me. I think the place is packed from open to close (only open for breakfast and lunch) and we had a short wait. The noodles were 'the bong'!! They also have some local pastries, particularly the one made with ground lima bean paste...is WAY yummy (they did not tell me what it was before I devoured it). I would definately recommend this place!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate here on our way back to the airport. I asked my local friends where they eat when they go out and this was one of the places they named. Nothing fancy here as it is located in an industrial park area. The dining room looks like it would have looked 50 years ago - a counter that seats 7 and about 12 plain tables and chairs. The specialty here is noodles - dry (like chow mein) and saimin (soup). The dry was very tasty. The saimin noodles a little undercooked. But lots of quantity at cheap prices. Be prepared to wait a little bit during lunch times as there was a line that moves slow since the dining room is small.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

After reading about Sam Sato's prior to our trip to Maui, we decided that we had to sample their fare... It took a bit of effort to find the place (it's located in a business park-type complex -- we'd recommend using your phone's map function to assist). There were lots of people waiting for a table, and to-go orders were flowing out in abundance... The presence of many locals convinced us to wait until we could be seated, and we were very glad that we did (!), because the food was really tasty, well-priced, and wonderfully "ono" too! Their famous "dry" noodles (broth separate) were served in large portions that were avidly consumed by our family -- very yummy indeed! Service was very friendly and efficient too! Don't forget to try their marinated & grilled yakitori items, and be sure to take some of their yummy Japanese-style pastries with you... Can't wait to go back to Maui and eat at Sam Sato's again!

1  Thank G C
Reviewed April 29, 2013

You've got to try their famous dry noodles (dry mein), they're great. Our second choice is the Saimin. There local 'kin plate lunches are huge! Soto's has been around for many, many years but this is a fairly new location for them. Everything is new and clean. The servers are very helpful and friendly.

Also try Sam Sato's Azuki Bean Manju, only 75¢