“Fun Environment and Good Food”
Review of A Saigon Cafe

A Saigon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Kihei
“Fun Environment and Good Food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

WE had never been here before, so we relied on our dinner companions for order for all of us. We started with a cabbage/chicken salad that was delicious. Cabbage was crisp and the salad was delicately seasoned. We also had rice noodles with chicken (delicious), vegetables (crisp), seafood rice pot (sticky), but disappointed in the curried mahi (too dry). We mentioned this to the owner and he comped us the mahi. Overall the food was good, service very entertaining (owner took our orders and joked with us). We will definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

Springfield, Missouri
“One of our best meals in Maui this trip - will definitely be back for more!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We thought we'd give the restaurant a try for lunch after reading some good reviews (TripAdvisor and others), after exploring the heiau and beaches around Wailuku. We love Vietnamese food, but this restaurant would normally be a bit out of the way for us. We asked the waiter for a couple of recommendations and went with them - and very glad we did. My husband and I agreed it was one of our best meals during our two weeks on Maui (better and less expensive than Star Noodle). I only wish I knew what dishes we ordered, so I could recommend them here! One was the daily fish special (not with black beans) and the other was a pork/vegetable/noodle/curry dish. Everything was prepared to perfection, steaming hot, not the least bit greasy, and the fresh vegetables still had some "crunch". (I can't stand soggy, overcooked vegetables.) The flavors were wonderful. The service was excellent. This will be a restaurant we go back to again and again if the food is always this good.

Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
“not bad”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I have come to Vietnam several times, and tried Pho from Hanoi to Saigon. The restaurant had definitely different ingredient, I felt like it lost traditional taste. Although their food had nice and well presentation, it wasn’t delicious and tasty as I expected. However, the staffs were friendly, pleasant; the restaurant location was great with beautiful desgin. They were only two things I could quiet feel acceptable.

• Visited July 2013
Whistler, Canada
“Roaches”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had lunch there yesterday. I had the mahi-mahi in black bean sauce. Good fish but incredibly salty. My wife had the tofu and vegetables with crispy noodles. Surprise ingredient was a cockroach. The waiter comped her meal. The kitchen was dirty as were the restrooms. We will not return.

2 Thank Steve S
Houston, Texas
“YUMMMY”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had lunch at this place before our flight back home and we were so happy we made it here. Their vegetarian dishes are good and we also took food for the flight.
Their Vietnamese coffee is the best!