WINNER WONDERLAND

A Saigon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 96 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
“not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I have come to Vietnam several times, and tried Pho from Hanoi to Saigon. The restaurant had definitely different ingredient, I felt like it lost traditional taste. Although their food had nice and well presentation, it wasn’t delicious and tasty as I expected. However, the staffs were friendly, pleasant; the restaurant location was great with beautiful desgin. They were only two things I could quiet feel acceptable.

• Visited July 2013

Whistler, Canada
“Roaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had lunch there yesterday. I had the mahi-mahi in black bean sauce. Good fish but incredibly salty. My wife had the tofu and vegetables with crispy noodles. Surprise ingredient was a cockroach. The waiter comped her meal. The kitchen was dirty as were the restrooms. We will not return.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Steve S
Houston, Texas
“YUMMMY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had lunch at this place before our flight back home and we were so happy we made it here. Their vegetarian dishes are good and we also took food for the flight.
Their Vietnamese coffee is the best!

• Visited April 2014
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Funny Quirky host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Food was top notch Vietnamese. The owner takes your order and makes you laugh. Especially if someone in your group is gullible.

Visited March 2014
Ogden, Utah
“A must visit in Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Everyone says you have to visit Mama's Fish House in Maui. Been there done that. Great sea food but it's sea food. You want to eat like Anthony Bourdain and try something authentic and delicious then you have to go to A Saigon Café in Wailuku. It's a few miles from the airport in Kahului. The first time we went, we were amazed that it was even in business. It barely has a sign on it and it's not easy to find. It's not a fancy place. It's more of a joint. But the locals will tell you it's the place for great food at a great price. We sat down and our waiter who was a bit of a jokester refused our order and ordered a meal for us. I was a bit surprised. He ordered one of the most expensive dishes on his menu, the grilled fish with black bean sauce. Now, I was never a fan of eating grilled fish but this was fantastic. I couldn't get enough. That was 6 years ago. We had the chance to go back to A Saigon Café this year, and our waiter was still there. He's still a character. We had the same fish and it was still delicious. Now the staff at the Four Seasons recommended that we get their shrimp dish. I wish I could remember the name. I think it was called the Garden Party Shrimp. Anyway, it's one of their specialties and they ask if you want it with the shell or without the shell. We were advised to get it with the shell which makes it crunchy. It was delicious. We love A Saigon Café. It's the best Vietnamese restaurant I've ever experienced in all my travels. It's definitely worth a visit and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited February 2014