“Excellent food and service”
Review of A Saigon Cafe

A Saigon Cafe
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Three of us dined here before visiting the Iao valley. As someone who eats a lot of Asian food, I have to say the quality of food was phenomenal. The owner/waiter is a real character and was very pleasant. We asked for medium spicy and it was not spicy enough (we like really hot) but that is my only complaint. The restaurant is nicely updated and was just awesome!

1  Thank Einsteincat

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let the waiter recommend! The food was fresh, very tasty and the price was reasonable. I will be going back!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Every time I go to Maui for work, I stop here and get my clay pot. With chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, peas, carrots, and string beans on sizzling rice, who could ask for more! So delicious! And the waiters make me laugh!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stopped here after vising the IAO Valley. This was definitely above average Vietnamese food with a large menu. We had salads and typical Vietnamese noodle soups and it was all delicious. Everything that came out of the kitchen looked delicious. Service was just a little slow. I think it was because they were very busy. Everyone appeared to be hustling to try to handle all the customers. Parking was pretty limited and I imagine it would be possible to arrive and have trouble parking.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Saigon Cafe is in Wailuku along the road up to the Iao Valley so it makes a good place to stop for lunch coming or going. The food is excellent and the service is friendly. The clay pot rice is a must try. Most of the tables are occupied by locals which is the first clue about the food. Highly recommended.