“Quick place to stop for a lite bite”

Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 102 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Good deli and sandwiches. General store stuff get a cold drink or snack. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Plus great views of the harbor.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stopped at the Maalaea General Store and Café for lunch. My wife and I split a tuna melt and a order of sweet potato fries. We sat outside, enjoying the view of the harbor and one of the best tuna melts we have ever had. This was are third time to Maui, and will make this a tradition for future trips.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stopped by Ma'alaea General Store and had lunch before heading to the beach for the day and this was a great small meal that had us going all day. I had a hot cuban sandwich which was excellent and my husband had fish tacos and he wanted to lick the plate. The fries are really good and the price was not bad either. I would definately go back.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We read a couple reviews that seemed a bit iffy, so weren't sure we were doing the right thing eating here. We arrived at noon and it was packed.

Our cashier seemed to really be struggling getting anything right, so we held our breath on our Ham and Swiss Boar's Head sandwich (I have a strange pallet, so added a 95 cent hot dog on sale).

The sandwich was Fantastic! I highly recommend this as an alternative to the everyday restaurant food. Great! (And I'd eat another hot dog, but next time with chili)!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We always visit Ma'alaea General Store at least once during each visit to Maui. We have never been disappointed. I think the only criticism I would give is to the hostess that greets you. Actually, she doesn't greet you---she stares at you when you walk in to the restaurant and doesn't say one word. You have to engage her in conversation before she asks you how many are in your party--even when there are only two people standing in front of her. The food was terrific, as always. It is a short drive from Kahului and worth it!