“good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 97 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
West Richland, Washington
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stopped at the Maalaea General Store and Café for lunch. My wife and I split a tuna melt and a order of sweet potato fries. We sat outside, enjoying the view of the harbor and one of the best tuna melts we have ever had. This was are third time to Maui, and will make this a tradition for future trips.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Puyallup, Washington
“Quick lunch energized us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stopped by Ma'alaea General Store and had lunch before heading to the beach for the day and this was a great small meal that had us going all day. I had a hot cuban sandwich which was excellent and my husband had fish tacos and he wanted to lick the plate. The fries are really good and the price was not bad either. I would definately go back.

Visited April 2014
Sedona
“Really good sandwich!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We read a couple reviews that seemed a bit iffy, so weren't sure we were doing the right thing eating here. We arrived at noon and it was packed.

Our cashier seemed to really be struggling getting anything right, so we held our breath on our Ham and Swiss Boar's Head sandwich (I have a strange pallet, so added a 95 cent hot dog on sale).

The sandwich was Fantastic! I highly recommend this as an alternative to the everyday restaurant food. Great! (And I'd eat another hot dog, but next time with chili)!

Sacramento, CA
“Never a Disappointment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We always visit Ma'alaea General Store at least once during each visit to Maui. We have never been disappointed. I think the only criticism I would give is to the hostess that greets you. Actually, she doesn't greet you---she stares at you when you walk in to the restaurant and doesn't say one word. You have to engage her in conversation before she asks you how many are in your party--even when there are only two people standing in front of her. The food was terrific, as always. It is a short drive from Kahului and worth it!

Visited May 2014
Virginia
“Great fresh apple muffin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

stopped in and had breakfast, on waterfront, sitting outside and the muffin was fresh and tasty. The staff were friendly. They have a good selection of souveniers

Visited March 2014