“Awesome burgers! Best on Maui”

Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 26, 2014

awesome food and service--best burger in Maui, friendly staff, great view of harbor. This is a great find!

2  Thank Robyn I
There are newer reviews for Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I ordered the regular burger which came with pickles, onion, lettuce, tomato, and dressing on a cibatta bun. It was tasty and homemade patty, $10. My husband had the bleu burger with bacon. It was good, $14. The fries must be purchased separately for $3. The fries were nothing special, average and not very crispy. My kids had the red hot dog $2. Food was okay, but I might come back for the fish and chips. Only time will tell.

1  Thank kdooka
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just an update since my last review on the Ma'alaea General Store and Café: Same good food and drinks available. They moved all the gift items to the front of the store and have more things from local artist on display/sale. Also, they opened an indoor dining area up on east side of the store if you want to sit and eat without too much sun. Our suggested activity is to park in North Kihei at the Canoe Club and walk Sugar Beach to Maalaea to Haycroft Park, then walk down the street to Maalaea and have a light lunch, drinks, and then walk back down Sugar Beach.

P.S. It was really busy all of a sudden when a whale watching cruise returned to dock. It cleared out after 5 to 10 minutes...

1  Thank c b
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My friend and I were looking for a place for coffee before out snorkel cruise. Someone on the dock said Ma-alaea General Store would open at 6:00 a.m. When we walked in, we were greeted by the three lovely employees who were anxious to please. They told us there was breakfast burritos that were just prepared to take right away. Instead, we opted for vegetable omelets and decaf soy cappuccino's. While waiting, we noticed an amazing assortment of healthy snacks most of which were organic. After receiving our wonderful breakfast which we ate on the porch while the sun rose, the chef came out to check how we liked our breakfast. We told him...

1  Thank Pedeyez
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had read about the Ma'alaea General Store before going to Maui, so I was on the lookout for it. I ordered Fish Tacos (never had them before) and I really enjoyed sitting out on the front porch, looking out at the water, and the tacos were wonderful. Highly recommended!