WINNER WONDERLAND

Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
N. Cali
“Great New Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Maalaea finally has an awesome deli and grill. Early morning coffee drinks, and many delicious choices for breakfast and lunch. The Avo BLT was outstanding. We're going back for the Black and Blue sandwich!

Visited July 2013
Thank alohasteveN.Cali

• Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice little shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here after a terrible meal at Beach Bums up the road. What a nice little shop! We stocked up on the essentials before heading to our condo in Kihei. Yummy cookies and a very nice cashier. Will hopefully make it back for lunch one day before we go. Had some lovely looking desserts sitting in their case. Hard to pass up.

Visited July 2013
Dom M, Owner at Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Tim, Thanks for your 4 star review! I really think you should try our food and find out why most people that eat here are giving us 5 stars. If you do, I feel sure you will give us a 5 as well.
Park City
“So Good! I will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the perfect lunch spot!
I had a Chicken Caesar Salad that was very flavorful, fresh and large!
I came with a group and we all shared fries and they were some of the best I have had, seasoned well and fresh.
Great outdoor seating and very friendly staff! Rachael was great!
I am originally from Maui and I will be coming back to this place every time I am visiting home now.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“I want to be Black & Bleu all over again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We flew into Maui from Kauai on a Sunday morning and wanted to grab lunch before making the trek to Ka'anapali, so I checked my Tripadvisor app to see what was nearby with favorable reviews and boy am I glad I did! Thanks to adamspartyof6 for mentioning the black and bleu fish burger in his review, something I probably would have passed over in favor of fish tacos, because this may have been one of my favorite meals during this visit to Hawaii (that's high praise because Tripadvisor led us to some phenomenal meals!). The combination of seasoned, light, fresh ono, and the creamy bleu cheese was melt-in-your-mouth perfection.

If the sandwich weren't enough, the employees are incredibly friendly, the general store is well stocked in various snacks, beverages, and souvenirs, and the seating areas have great views (the porch seating overlooks the marina while the walls of the inside seating are covered with gorgeous photographs by a local artist.

If you're anywhere near the Ma'alaea General Store and you're looking for something quick and delicious to eat, you absolutely must stop here!

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Black and blue fish burger is out of this world good! Friendly service and a gem of a find! Will become a regular stop for our family ever time we visit the island!

• Visited June 2013