“New Chef in town!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a recently refurtbished general store and now has an excellent restaurant atached. They make some of the best sandwhiches and burgers on the island. You should not miss this on you next trip to Maui. Located in the Maalaea area next to the Aquarium.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

It's our fifth yearly trip to Maui and we have had a lot of burgers in that time. My husband said " that's the best burger I have ever had!" After having a bacon avo Swiss burger. I had the grilled fish tacos and they were yummy! We shared some fries and even those were not your average French fry. We added in some lemonade from the cooler and left very satisfied. We have been back for supper twice when the grill is closed and have had some fantastic chili! The service was very friendly and fast. Highly recommend you check this neat cafe and store out,it's worth it!

1  Thank LynnR92
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

So the owners always come in to Wal mart and I normally get the chance to help them out. They would also give me a personal invite to there store. I was more then surprised by the taste coming from the homemade chili, and the quesadilla we ordered. The scones where melting in our mouths. When I have the chance to head down there again....ill be looking to get served up a another quesadilla and bowl of chili. I would fully recommend this one and will tell friends to stop on by.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I live in Kihei and when cruising Ma'alaea Harbor I always drove by this really cool looking long shuttered up general store, the kind that evokes thoughts of some road long supplanted by the cold and unfeeling interstate highway system, except it's in one of the most beautiful locations on earth, directly across the road from US Coast Guard Station Maui .

Then one day I learned that The Ma'alaea General Store would be opening. Being a non cooking bachelor, when I learned that they weren't just slamming slices of meat between slices of bread I needed to try it and it was a very pleasant surprise. Amazing actually.

Nothing is the boring same old that you're used to. Everything is tweaked in sometimes unique and astonishing, but always delicious, ways to bring about a perfect mix of flavors and textures, plus whatever it's served on is baked there too, meaning if they run out of home made hamburger rolls you're stuck with homemade focaccia. In other words you can't lose.

1  Thank McB0B
Reviewed November 29, 2012

stopped by late morning on a Sunday. You walk up to the counter to order, the people behind the waiting on us were wonderful. I had a cappuccino that was made perfectly, also had the bagel with grilled tomato and cheese. My daughter and friend had the fresh fish taco's. They were wonderful! If we were not in a hurry I would have ordered some tacos for myself. This will be one of my first stops on my next trip to Maui.
The pastries looked wonderful, they are also on my list for my next visit.