“A foodie delight and a well stocked general store as well.”

Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Kihei, HI
“A foodie delight and a well stocked general store as well.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I live in Kihei and when cruising Ma'alaea Harbor I always drove by this really cool looking long shuttered up general store, the kind that evokes thoughts of some road long supplanted by the cold and unfeeling interstate highway system, except it's in one of the most beautiful locations on earth, directly across the road from US Coast Guard Station Maui .

Then one day I learned that The Ma'alaea General Store would be opening. Being a non cooking bachelor, when I learned that they weren't just slamming slices of meat between slices of bread I needed to try it and it was a very pleasant surprise. Amazing actually.

Nothing is the boring same old that you're used to. Everything is tweaked in sometimes unique and astonishing, but always delicious, ways to bring about a perfect mix of flavors and textures, plus whatever it's served on is baked there too, meaning if they run out of home made hamburger rolls you're stuck with homemade focaccia. In other words you can't lose.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank McB0B

• Korean first
Palm Desert, California
“great for a quick and wonderful breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

stopped by late morning on a Sunday. You walk up to the counter to order, the people behind the waiting on us were wonderful. I had a cappuccino that was made perfectly, also had the bagel with grilled tomato and cheese. My daughter and friend had the fresh fish taco's. They were wonderful! If we were not in a hurry I would have ordered some tacos for myself. This will be one of my first stops on my next trip to Maui.
The pastries looked wonderful, they are also on my list for my next visit.

• Visited November 2012
“Maalaea general store in Maalaea Harbor good cafe”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very friendly and helpful service. We stopped in here for a quick bite and ice cream before going on one of the boats out of the Maalaea harbor for a snorkeling cruise. It's inexpensive for grabbing a sandwich and drink.

Visited September 2012