Wailuku Guesthouse
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
Paia Inn(Paia)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
View Hotel
All reviewsplantation roombeach chairsboogie boardssnorkel gearcoffee makerguest houseevery other dayhomemade breadclose to the airportgas grillvery nice stayohana roomexploring the islandmini fridgeconvenient locationsized bedhighly recommend this place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My stay in the Wailuku guesthouse was absolutely perfect: the pool provided a secluded safe-haven from the hustle-and-bustle of Wailuku, and the quaint rooms (I stayed in the Mill room) were well lit, quiet and cozy. My host left freshly cut flowers, assortments of baked goods, fresh linens and soaps in my room every other day, and was always available to answer any questions I had. She was incredibly sweet and hospitable. I would highly recommend staying at the Wailuku guesthouse if you are traveling alone or with a parter, as it is most certainly a home away from home in one of the most beautiful places in the world, without the irritation of crowds, tourists and noise.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank HannahElizabeth151
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Comfortable, clean, reasonably priced guesthouse room. Gracious hostess, Maureen who was very helpful on our first visit to Wailuku in many years. Her self-baked fruit breads were a delicious treat and was a welcome desert with coffee after our arrival at the guesthouse. The guesthouse location in central Wailuku with convenient access to many activities, such as the Kahului Airport, shopping malls (Kaahumanu and Maui), restaurants, and reasonable driving times to Kahului, Makawao, Kihei, and Lahaina (10-30 minutes), is a good reason to stay at the Wailuku Guest House.

The well kept swimming pool looked inviting but we did not have the luxury of time to enjoy it during our short stay in June. We look forward to the salt water pool in a future visit.

The Hibuscus Room was small but quite comfortable and had many amenities including refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and a flat panel TV. An end table and lamp so that both sides of the bed could accommodate guests who like to read and perhaps enjoy a cup of coffee in bed would have been very nice. Also, a TV guide would be helpful for guests not accustomed to the TV schedules on Maui.

My wife and I truly would consider revisiting the Wailuku Guest House should we next return to Maui from Honolulu in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Aloha Kay,

We enjoyed your stay as well. It was nice chatting with your wife, we had a lot in common. We are located in a convenient location and are glad you were able to take advantage of that. I'm also very pleased that you enjoyed my bread. I try to use as much of my garden fruits as I can. We also keep our gardens organic by never using any kind of pest control. I really hope you can get into the saltwater pool with waterfalls next time too. It's a quick way to cool down and relax a bit. As a reminder, booking directly with me will save you money. I can usually discount the rooms for you and save myself from paying the search engines commissions. Looking forward to accommodating you, your friends and family in the future.

Mahalo nui loa,
Maureen
owner
The Wailuku Guesthouse

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This gem in Maui is centrally located to shopping, not too far from the beach and has a great pool. Very friendly owners that will bend over backwards to be sure your stay in Maui is a great experience. For example, the wifi in our room would not work with our new laptop, so Doug just ran an ethernet cable down the hall and hooked us up. ( All the other devices would work in our so it wasn't the wifi) Try getting that type of service at the Hilton.
Maureen baked some fresh breads for the patrons a couple times during our stay. The room was very clean and adequate for our stay.
We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Maui.

Room Tip: Sorry, no fitness center if you need one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was back on Maui for a class reunion and found that the Wailuku Guesthouse a perfect home away from home. Maureen and her family really made me feel welcome and part of the family. Many of the amemities of an expensive hotel are available (see their website for the details) without the crowds or traffic issues. It made me feel more like a local than a tourist. Maureen and her family have lived on Maui for years and have quite an insight into the Maui that all visitors should get to know. I highly recommend staying at the Wailuku Guesthouse.....the price is certainly right.
By the way, Maureen makes a fantastic homemade apple, papaya, banana bread (I think I left out an ingredient or 2....it was awesome. Got the receipe from her too. Mahalo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Aloha
So glad you found our Wailuku Guesthouse. Coming
back home to Maui for your 50th high school reunion
was I'm sure exciting and special. My husband Doug
and I certainly enjoyed our many conversations with
you about our commonalities. I'm so glad you also
had time to get some great surfing in too. And finally,
I'm glad you enjoyed my special organic bread too.
We are looking forward to your return but next time
you need to bring your "better half":)D

Mahalo again for choosing the Wailuku Guesthouse
Maureen and Doug

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We always stay here when visiting. It's nearby several local shops, quiet, has a wonderful private pool/yard/bbq area.

Maureen makes the best fruit breads and is a fantastic hostess :-)

I really didn't want to post a review due to my selfishness in wanting to keep this gem hidden !!! But I couldn't deny them a 5 star rating they deserve !!!

Aloha and Mahalo !

Room Tip: I've stayed in almost all the rooms and I love all of them !!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family