“Fresh veggies and perfect pizzas...a gem in Maui!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Porto - CLOSED

Porto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Our NamePorto is the Italian word for “port” or “harbor.” We are located at Ma’alaea Harbor on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Maui.Our MissionAt Porto, we are artisans in pursuit of perfection, working to serve you real food that’s delicious and healthy. We start with fresh, all-natural and authentic ingredients of extraordinary flavor. We source fresh herbs, vegetables and fruits from local farmers, choosing organic whenever available, to support sustainable local agriculture and to deliver the tantalizing flavors of our islands to your palate.Pizza With a PurposeWe’re proud to save whales, dolphins and the oceans, one pizza at a time. All profits from Porto support Pacific Whale Foundation’s efforts to protect our oceans through science and advocacy.Porto is Now Open for Lunch & Dinner10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Crofton, Maryland
“Fresh veggies and perfect pizzas...a gem in Maui!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We ate here after visiting the Maui Ocean Center. We ordered a pizza, a salad, and a Mac and cheese. The pizza crust was thin and crisp and the veggies were very fresh and perfect in texture. There were zucchini, yellow squash, pepper, and other veggies...especially great for non meat eaters. The sauce and cheese were applied lightly so the veggies shined. We could have ordered it it vegan. I tasted my grandson's Mac and cheese. It was the best I have ever tasted! The salad was very fresh! The wait staff was welcoming and helpful! Well done, Porto!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Kihei
“Very good the first time, not as good thereafter!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The first time I ate at this restaurant (8PM) about five months ago it was very good. The service was caring but a bit slow especially since there were only three people in the restaurant besides my guest and me. We had Pizza and enjoyed the wine.

The second time was for dinner and the Pizza was just so-so..Service was very poor..especially with only two other people dining.

The third time was at 11AM for lunch when the restaurant just opened. I ordered the vegetable soup and a pizza . The soup and I asked the waiter and cook to sample after I tasted it was merely warmed water poured over some vegetables. That the truth and if I did not have two guests and the restaurant taste it and agree with me, I might have my taste buds examined. The Pizza was also not that good. The service was terrible and as a local, I won't return.

The ownership of the restaurant who is widely respected on Maui for conservation work needs management in that restaurant..I say that merely because I was in that business and love Pizza. Even Fabiano's whose Pizza is thin crusted and delicious sometimes has or had a variance between lunch and dinner chefs if they are different.

• Visited May 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Good pizza, even have happy hour specials, service is quick and the servers are all friendly and accommodating.

Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great pizza, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

While waiting for our Kihei whale watch tour, we at here. The pizza was great, as was the sandwiches. It was a bit pricey, but the restaurant was kid-friendly and had good choices. Pepperoni pizza can't be beat. Good quality meat and cheese.

Visited April 2014
Wailuku, Hawaii
“Good pizza in Maalaea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great location for good pizza at Maalaea. Close to boat tours and Maui Ocean Center. Check website for hours.

• Visited April 2014