“Wood Fired Pizza, fresh ingredients!”
Review of Porto - CLOSED

Porto
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Our NamePorto is the Italian word for “port” or “harbor.” We are located at Ma’alaea Harbor on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Maui.Our MissionAt Porto, we are artisans in pursuit of perfection, working to serve you real food that’s delicious and healthy. We start with fresh, all-natural and authentic ingredients of extraordinary flavor. We source fresh herbs, vegetables and fruits from local farmers, choosing organic whenever available, to support sustainable local agriculture and to deliver the tantalizing flavors of our islands to your palate.Pizza With a PurposeWe’re proud to save whales, dolphins and the oceans, one pizza at a time. All profits from Porto support Pacific Whale Foundation’s efforts to protect our oceans through science and advocacy.Porto is Now Open for Lunch & Dinner10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ran across this while visiting aquarium. It is in a little shopping/restaurant plaza sharing same parking lot. A nice surprise. The pizza's were very large and filling. No gluten free menu, but were able to accommodate with a great salad. Beet salad with, fresh grapefruit and the maui goat cheese and homemade papaya dressing on side. Had similar salad at Spago night before for $25 instead of $9. This one was better! Good friendly service. You won't be disappointed here. There is a harbour with great views behind the plaza and a little ice cream cookie shop for some dessert after. Visiting the mini golf right down the street too. Much to do in this little area. Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Took my family here for lunch after coming back from Ioa Valley.

It's a pretty small establishment, but there is outdoor seating available. We were seated within minutes and service was good and fast.

The pizza was excellent and I highly recommend it - the best I've had in Maui so far.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I went to this pizza place for lunch on a rainy day. The pizza was pretty yummy. But the service was slow and I think the servers should have had some more experience. I think that they had a perfect location in a mini mall close to where I was staying.

gregkaufman, Manager at Porto, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear 58551Emma01,
Porto is a very cozy place on a rainy day. Thank you for stopping in to join us for lunch on a rare rainy day on Maui and for writing about your experience at our restaurant. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our artisan pizzas. I sincerely apologize that our service was slow on the day you visited. More training always helps to keep our staff working at top efficiency, and so we will follow through on your suggestion. Thank you for dining with us; we hope to see you again at Porto.
Aloha to you,
Scott Snowden
Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Pacific Whale Foundation

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stopped here after going on a whale watch. Julie was my server and she kept my iced tea glass refilled which was really appreciated after the two hours on the water! The salad was full of fresh veggies and had the dressing on the side without having to ask. The Maui roasted veggie pizza was so good. The pizza crust is thin and crispy thanks to the wood oven and the veggies flavorful topping. Wish I had known about this place earlier in my stay in Maui.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful and nicely priced meal! Service was knowledgeable and attentive. Beet and goat cheese salad was great! Will return!