“DISAPPOINTED” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waianapanapa State Park Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wailuku
Waianapanapa State Park Cabins
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
“DISAPPOINTED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2003

I love the area and the Park, and my family and I have used the cabins 5 times over the last 10 years.

Just 8 months ago, we returned and found the cabins very dirty and not kept up like they use to be. Only one burned, beat up pan to cook in.
Only 1 burner on the stove would work and not very good at that. It took me hours to clean the cabin before we could move in and the rent is now up to $42.50 a night. Until I hear that they have cleaned and repaired the cabins and supplied them with necessary cooking supplies, I will not return. This was very disappointing to me and my family and friends as we have in the past rented about 5 cabins at once for reunions etc, and found it be be great fun. Cottages can be rented down in Hana for only $85.00 a night which are very clean and neat. Hawaii State Parks need to investigate as to what the Caretakes at this park are doing since general maintenance on the cabins are clearing not being done. It is really a shame as the park is on such beautiful land next to the ocean and all 6 cabins are beach front. We use to really love going down there for the limited stay of 5 nights. Hope something is done with the cabins soon.

21 Thank KAREN045

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2002

Maui is my home away from home, I try to go once a year. I normally stay in Honokowai, just North of Lahaina. But I do recommend seeing another part of the island. You go from beautiful beaches to beautiful rainforests. I didn't do it, but watched a friend dive off a waterfall of the side of the road. The cabins are fully equipped and I have always BBQ'd hamburgers at the fire pit behind the cabin. It's perfect for walking along the lava trail along the cliffs and watching the starry skies into the night (you can't get that sky in Lahaina). It's peaceful and secluded from any cities. I usually go for one night during my stay because the drive is long and worth staying over to experience the "Quiet and Natural Maui". The black sand beach is a recommended stop too, just a few minute walk from the cabins.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,067 reviews
Northshore Hostel Maui
Northshore Hostel Maui
#1 of 9 in Wailuku

Been to Waianapanapa State Park Cabins? Share your experiences!