Northshore Hostel Maui
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
Paia Inn(Paia)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorth shorequiet hourspancakesprivate roomthe kitchenrental cardoor codesecurity camerasairport shuttlepancake mixclean roomsgreat place to stayfree coffeeenjoyed my stayquiet placefelt safelight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed there for five nights in august. I am a single female traveller stayed at the female dorm. Very clean and secure. Met lots of great people. Staffs are very friendly. Will recommend and stay there again. Definitely need a rental car to get around.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This hostel is comfortable and practical. I have stayed here three times now, and I will return if I am ever in Maui again. This hostel surpasses its local competition hands down. Facilities are clean and reasonable, guests and staff are friendly and considerate. The location is central to the varied activities on the island and close to the airport, making it a good choice. I highly recommend staying at the Northshore.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel. We actually went back to it at the end of our trip when we came back to Maui. Everyone who works at the hostel is friendly and helpful for whatever you need whether it is advice on a restaurant or ways to get around. The location was great if you have a car and fine if you don't. (That is Maui though) The rooms were comfortable. They respect the quiet time after 10 which is needed if your room is by the porch. There were many long term guests which was nice because lots of people were cooking and hanging out in the evening.The kitchen was great because it has an oven, two fridges, and free spices and oil. The showers and bathrooms were clean. Each is private which is also nice. There were people of all ages staying there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights after 2 nights at the Banana Bungalow. Although its $10 cheaper, its a far better hostel if you're looking for someplace quiet to have a bite to eat and a bed to sleep in. Its comfortable, quiet, clean, and stocked with lots of useful information.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Northshore Hostel provides the guest with a welcoming, safe and clean environment. I stayed in female dorm room with 8 beds. I was greeted with a friendly staff member on my arrival who picked me up from the airport complimentary and provided me with details on the way to the hostel that gave me a great sense of direction of the island. The location is central and a believe a car is a must to see the island but the bus station is a affordable minute walk away from the hostel's front door. The kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean and well maintained. One of my best hostel experiences ever, thanks Northshore for a great visit to the beautiful island of Maui.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo