the hostel has a good location. it is right in the middle of maui but in the surrounding are of the hostel is not much happening. you either need a car or walk to the bus stations. it is placed well in the middle of the island.
the staff was helpful at the check in but at night time it was a bit ridiculous the way people got treated. felt like being back in kindergarten! you are not allowed to talk in the common area after 10 p.m.! (not even whispering!) one of the hostel guests got in trouble for skyping back home. seriously?!?
the 8-bed-doorms are really tight and too full. no space for your luggage and 8 people sleeping in one room without a window doesn't help.
if you are looking for a place just to spend the night, this is a good place to go but if you are looking for a bit more social experience i would stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! The Northshore Hostel Maui is an ideal location to explore our tropical paradise. Spend your entire holiday with us or just one night! Our rates are the lowest on Maui and we strive to offer impeccable customer service to guests of all ages. We are located in downtown Wailuku, in the foothills of the West Maui Mountains, only 5 miles (10K) from the airport. We offer free airport transfers for our guests. Our facility is clean, safe, secure and friendly. A hostel is a great way to meet new people and save your hard earned money! You will find it easy to relax and feel comfortable and enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you soon. A hui hoa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Northshore Hostel Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northshore Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Northshore Hostel Maui Wailuku