“I can highly recommend the Northshore hostel”

Northshore Hostel Maui
Aarhus, Denmark
“I can highly recommend the Northshore hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very good custom service. Clean and very helpful staff. There is a homely feeling to the place and a good place to get new traveller friends. They have quiet hours at night, free wifi and printer. This is my second time to Northshore. I can Highly recommend the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Mahalo Jan for your second visit and your nice words. We really enjoy having repeat customers and hope to host you again soon...aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spent a week in a private room, it was very clean, it's located in a very convenient place, easy to park, they provide a shuttle to and from the airport ( I did not use). They have quiet hours at night, good kitchen, fridge, computer, free wi fi very friendly staff. This is my second time to the North Shore, I recommend it to anyone

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mahalo nui loa for your visit and your glowing review, we're very happy you chose to stay with us again and look forward to your next visit!....Aloha
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I experienced both Northshore and Banana Bungalow. I preferred Northshore as it was smaller with nicer facilities and more of homely feeling. I really liked the staff and it seems to attract a greater variety of people who are focused on traveling the island rather than partying. I did also enjoy my time at Banana Bungalow, and loved the free tours and met some great like minded people, however, it is a very large hostel with mostly young party goers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mahalo Karla for your nice words and accurate review. We enjoy having quality guests at our quality hostel...Maui's best! Happy trails and aloha!
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's a nice way to go for your first and last nights in Maui. Clean and well run. We had the dlx private for about 100 per night. I really like the location. It had lots of charm and easy to get around. I would come back again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Walme, thanks staying with us and for your kind review...we like our location too...paradise! Aloha....
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I went to Maui for a 10 day kiteboarding class and it bombed. The weather and wind weren't notified, but Scott and his wife are awesome with recommendations when things don't work out. The hostel offers a family like atmosphere. I met friends from Korea, Turkey, France, Spain, New Zealand, Canada and the states. The tv was only on twice and it was when I turned it on the entire time I was there. It's a clean quiet place where you can always find someone to pal around with. The swedes were a blast and I will stay intouch with many of the Europeans I was lucky enough to befriend. I will be back when my wife and I visit Maui because a vacation ( holiday) is about the experience, not the destination!

• Stayed February 2014
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thanks for your great review Paul...hostels, especially ours, offer the best accommodation experience available. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and look forward to your return soon...A Hui Hoa and Aloha!
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a clean and friendly hostel, with likeable staff and guests from all over the world. In comparison to hotels the hostel offers a very good price, and some nice particularities: a kitchen for free usage, four restrooms, free pancakes and coffee, free wifi, and lots of tips for activities on the hole island of Maui. Nevertheless it can be exhausting to stay here due to snoring roommates and a loud AC (so do not forget earplugs).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Aloha Christian, thanks for your nice words. Sorry you had trouble sleeping...we do have earplugs available at the front desk but we can't control the snoring! Mahalo...
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here a week & were very happy. As usual met some very interesting people . The hostel was cleaned properly everyday and the rules were sensible so that the quiet time was observed and everyone got chance to sleep in readiness for the day ahead. The staff were all hardworking and helpful . There were many extras ...free tea and coffee , free pancakes and free wi fi . Also a computer and printer to print your boarding passes free .For us we enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night the best . Thank you Northshore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes we do work hard to help our guests enjoy themselves and get the most from their visit to Maui. We hope to see you again someday....
Aloha!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,084 reviews
Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront

Been to Northshore Hostel Maui? Share your experiences!