“Best trip yet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northshore Hostel Maui

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Northshore Hostel Maui
“Best trip yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I went to Maui for a 10 day kiteboarding class and it bombed. The weather and wind weren't notified, but Scott and his wife are awesome with recommendations when things don't work out. The hostel offers a family like atmosphere. I met friends from Korea, Turkey, France, Spain, New Zealand, Canada and the states. The tv was only on twice and it was when I turned it on the entire time I was there. It's a clean quiet place where you can always find someone to pal around with. The swedes were a blast and I will stay intouch with many of the Europeans I was lucky enough to befriend. I will be back when my wife and I visit Maui because a vacation ( holiday) is about the experience, not the destination!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thanks for your great review Paul...hostels, especially ours, offer the best accommodation experience available. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and look forward to your return soon...A Hui Hoa and Aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a clean and friendly hostel, with likeable staff and guests from all over the world. In comparison to hotels the hostel offers a very good price, and some nice particularities: a kitchen for free usage, four restrooms, free pancakes and coffee, free wifi, and lots of tips for activities on the hole island of Maui. Nevertheless it can be exhausting to stay here due to snoring roommates and a loud AC (so do not forget earplugs).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha Christian, thanks for your nice words. Sorry you had trouble sleeping...we do have earplugs available at the front desk but we can't control the snoring! Mahalo...
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here a week & were very happy. As usual met some very interesting people . The hostel was cleaned properly everyday and the rules were sensible so that the quiet time was observed and everyone got chance to sleep in readiness for the day ahead. The staff were all hardworking and helpful . There were many extras ...free tea and coffee , free pancakes and free wi fi . Also a computer and printer to print your boarding passes free .For us we enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night the best . Thank you Northshore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes we do work hard to help our guests enjoy themselves and get the most from their visit to Maui. We hope to see you again someday....
Aloha!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

It was my first time staying in a hostel. I had a good experience though. Just not located anywhere near beaches so you must have transportation.
It was a quick weekend visit, so my time was spent out and about seeing as much of the island as I could.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mahalo Martini for staying with us, we hope to see you again...a hui hoa!
Interlaken, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

When I first arrived, I thougt after hearing all the rules: "oh my God, I hope I'can drink a beer at night...", since I'm on vacation. I stayed for almost a week in a 8-bed dormitory and I even slept once until 9.30 am. Staff and the house are just wonderful and I'm sure to keep their Hostel a quiet place is part of their succes! I loved it, since I was leaving for my trips at 6 am or earlier. The Hostel is in a good place to explore the whole Island of Maui. I definitliy would come back here. Just make sure you have a rental car (they even help you with that) to check out Maui, otherwise you will miss a lot of beautiful places. Thanks dear Team of Northshore Hostel! You do a great job!

Room Tip: Dormitorys are fine. I had a good sleep!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks Romy, we're happy you enjoyed your visit and that you 'get it' about our rules, which are meant to ensure all guests have the best experience possible...we really enjoy helping people! Happy trails and aloha!
Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I'm a backcountry traveler. But sometimes I need a hot shower, wash my clothes and get connected to the world. This place is 1st class!!!
The best hostel I've ever been. Amazing staff, picked me up at the airport, nice dorm, clean bathroom with HOT shower, flexible with all my needs. I could leave my bags behind - what I didn't need on that 3 days in Hana or Haleakala. Public computer with printer!!! I just love them. So I decided pretty fast to spend all my out of backcountry days in this hostel and that was the best decision. You could do it too. :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thanks Banditina! We really appreciate our wonderful guests and you are a star! Thanks for your kind words...we hope to see you again someday....happy trails and aloha!
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Friendly environment, friendly guests, friendly staff, free pancakes, awesome island - who wants more?
Anyways, I made very good friends here, the whole atmosphere is awesome, you are in Hawaii, you are there for having fun and everything in this hotel is there to make sure you are!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paczy
Thank you for staying with us....we're glad you enjoyed your visit to Maui and our hostel. Please visit us again...
Aloha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,067 reviews
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono

Been to Northshore Hostel Maui? Share your experiences!