I stayed in this Hostel for 30 days in January '13, took the special monthly rate for more or less 620$ after taxes, cannot remember. I stayed at many hostel around the globe, but this was definitely the cleanest I've seen.
It is also very quite in the hostel, staff members care strictly to follow quite hours after 10pm.
If you are in your twenties like me , there will be not a lot of other guests your age, but you can simply walk to the banana bungalow hostel 3 mins down the road to hang out there.
The banana bungalow is a big party hostel, I could never stay there, because it was dirty and loud as hell, but its perfect to hang out there every night, have some drinks and some parties, and meet nice people, banana also offers free beers on fridays and daily tours for free, and you can just join them, they would never know who is actually their guest or not, at least that's how I did it.
Ofcourse guest at the northshore are also super cool, but most of them were older than me , in their thirties or forties.
Back in the northshore you have your peace again. There is coffee and pancakes for breakfast, which is ok I think, the staff members are all really nice and helpful, they gave me rides to the airport in the morning from where we could hitchhike to the surf spots, people on Maui are really friendly, it never took us more than 5-10 mins to get a lift.
The northshore offers daily rides to the airport beach, what is really helpful, as taking the bus is not always easy, they will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive and bring you there again when you leave.
If you want to stay in a dorm, I would recommend asking for the dorm number 18, its not in the main building but next to it, its much bigger than the dorms in the main building with less people , 6 not 8, and there is always nice fresh air, as the door leads directly outside.
All in all this was the most relaxing 30 days of my life, super nice hostel super nice staff,
greets to all the staff members, I hope to be back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! The Northshore Hostel Maui is an ideal location to explore our tropical paradise. Spend your entire holiday with us or just one night! Our rates are the lowest on Maui and we strive to offer impeccable customer service to guests of all ages. We are located in downtown Wailuku, in the foothills of the West Maui Mountains, only 5 miles (10K) from the airport. We offer free airport transfers for our guests. Our facility is clean, safe, secure and friendly. A hostel is a great way to meet new people and save your hard earned money! You will find it easy to relax and feel comfortable and enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you soon. A hui hoa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Northshore Hostel Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northshore Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Northshore Hostel Maui Wailuku