The taxi driver picking me up from the airport tried to talk me out of staying here, which was rather disconcerting as the reviews I'd read prior to booking were all good.
I was impressed with the Northshore. It was clean, quiet, private, secure and very well run. Also it was very close to the bus stops, and close to enough different food outlets for choice for all tastes.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and although the free pancakes for breakfast were not gluten free, it is a nice option, and there's always next door at the Bakehouse deli for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! The Northshore Hostel Maui is an ideal location to explore our tropical paradise. Spend your entire holiday with us or just one night! Our rates are the lowest on Maui and we strive to offer impeccable customer service to guests of all ages. We are located in downtown Wailuku, in the foothills of the West Maui Mountains, only 5 miles (10K) from the airport. We offer free airport transfers for our guests. Our facility is clean, safe, secure and friendly. A hostel is a great way to meet new people and save your hard earned money! You will find it easy to relax and feel comfortable and enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you soon. A hui hoa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Northshore Hostel Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northshore Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Northshore Hostel Maui Wailuku