“Beautiful location”
Review of Waiehu Golf Course

Waiehu Golf Course
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here with two locals - it was $10 each for them and $55 for me as a non-resident. We had a 9:30 tee time but got there earlier and got to go out a bit early. It was quite busy considering it was a Friday and we had to wait at pretty well every hole. Beautiful scenery though so it didn't make it too bad! We used a power cart. You could walk the course but the back 9 is pretty hilly and seeing as we had to wait so much it was nice to have a bit of shade. Good conditions for a county course.

2  Thank AHDeeVan
There are newer reviews for Waiehu Golf Course

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Its the best Muni golf course I have played and I have played a lot of them.you actually play with a beach for OB on a couple of holes and seaviews all the time.ok for me the hardest hole on the course is #5 a 234yard par 3??? what were they thinking but my son did put it on with a 3 wood..I got pin high with driver on a par 3??

2  Thank Ron6674
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We played behind a 6 person group. UGH The views are great but their are people every where. Also a little pricy for non residents!

1  Thank Jackstrip
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I love to golf so of course wanted to golf while on our honeymoon. After researching many of the courses on Maui, we stumbled upon Waiehu Golf Course. Compared to the resorts that charge hundreds of dollars for golf, we were excited (and interested) to see what $55/person (not including cart or clubs) would be like. We were not disappointed at all! This is a public course on the island but has many holes that provide views of the ocean! The course if not overly challenging, however on vacation we were more interested in having a nice round of golf rather than playing the hardest course.

We were matched with a couple who live on Maui (this is probably my only "con" of our day of golfing as we did not particularly enjoy this couple - although they did have some good recommendations of things to see/do), and they said they have played lots of courses on the island and keep coming back to this one because of the views. While the course was not as fancy as the resorts, it certainly was worth our time and money! We will definitely be playing here again when we are back on Maui!

2  Thank MrsMoose56
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Sure the conditions weren't the greatest; but they certainly weren't the worse. I really enjoyed playing here and I've played all over the place. Scenes of the ocean were on so many of the holes. I'd certainly play it again. There rental clubs were decent and the whole experience did not cost alot. The only problem is that they do not have junior rates.