“Surfing Maui with Brian de Cook”
Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Brian helped us with our whole Maui trip planning including where to stay, what groups to arrange activities with (such as scuba and skin diving, hiking, biking, etc) as well as providing careful personal surfing lessons. I have tried to learn surfing through books, videos, and thru other instructors, but Brian's methods and explanations were very much tailored to my efforts and level. I learned a lot and am encouraged to take the sport to my next level. I would recommend Brian de Cook to anyone wanting to get into or grow to the next level with surfing.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was fortunate enough to catch Brian available on a last minute surf guide request mid January. Brian wisely inquired about my surf ability, what kind of boards I am comfortable riding and asked what kind of waves I was looking for. I told him I was a little rusty in the water, wanted to get out of my comfort zone and needed my own wave. Needless to say Brian delivered in a huge way!!! Amazing 6-8' peaks to ourselves, beautiful hike to gorgeous surf on the north shore. On top of sharing amazing surf Brian knows how to take care of people and I for one am looking forward to my next outing with him. Thanks again Brian!!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Brian was a fabulous instructor. I am a 50+ mom of three who always wanted to try surfing. Brian had me up and surfing within 30 minutes. I was lucky enough to surf with him for 3 consecutive days and take on some more challenging (for me) waves. Brian made it easy and comfortable. He took us to local areas and more remote locations and always seemed to know where the perfect waves could be found. We stayed in a condo in Maalaea, did a hike and a snorkeling trip to Molokini all arranged by Brian (saving me lots of planning time). On the last day, he gave us a disc of photos he took during our visit. I will definitely seek his instruction upon any return trips to Maui. Lots of fun - highly recommend!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked a surfing lesson with Brian in December. Although none of us had any previous surfing experience, Brian was so patient to teach and let us tried. Within less than half an hour, all of us could stand up on the board and riding the wave. That was a fabulous experience. Thanks Brian.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My Daughter and I were lucky enough to find Brian through tripadvisor.
This was a great experience. We have been to other schools but this is really an individual lesson not a crowd control free for all.
Brian is really good and you can tell he loves what he is doing. He spends enough time evaluating you and makes you feel comfortable before you go out.
Once out in the water he helps you catch the waves if you need it or shows you where to set up and why so you can paddle and catch your own waves.
When you paddle back out he lets you know what you did wrong (or right) and how to fix it or improve your technique.
I highly recommend Soul Surfing for anyone who wants a one on one or small group experience.