“Un...real!”
Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Un...real!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just had a killer trip to Maui, took a chance on a couple trips with Soul Surfing Maui while there, and have Brian to thank for sending me home with some amazing experiences.

First let me say that, if you're a beginner, the guy has a million boards and knows a million locations to get you standing up and riding in the perfect conditions. If I had more time I would have setup something for my sister-in-law to learn. Next time!!

However, if you're more advanced, the guy will hook you up. He knows the swell and winds and can get you to that perfect spot. I highly recommend the tour. It seemed a bit pricey but then I realized all it covered and honestly it's a steal. It covers gas, food, and supplies. It also covers an incredible trip where I had my own personal tour guide showing me whales and sea turtles and a completely unique view of Maui...and of course it covers the guy's local knowledge of the place where I spent two days surfing my brains out - the first day at an isolated reef and the second at an isolated beach break. Brian even sent me home with a custom video/slideshow of the trip from the various pics and videos we'd been taking during our trips.

As fun as Brian was to hang with, I have to say I was incredibly impressed with his professionalism. He has a system and operates with a safety-first mentality. I respected that. I've met up with surf guides in the past who were anything but professional. It's that professionalism in combination with the killer experience that has me recommending him to anyone (whether advanced or wanting lessons) looking for a fun and unique experience while in Maui.

Can't wait to get back!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Josh C

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome surfing adventure”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I just came back from our trip to Hawaii Islands. Both of us had an amazing time over there. One of the best experience was a surfing lesson with Brian. I could not imagine a better start and a better teacher! His knowledge, good attitude and all the advices let us stand up and ride after about 30 minutes!:) For the next day we also rented his boards to improve our new skills. Brian is extremaly friendly and very patient so if you would like to learn to surf do not hesitate to contact him! He is just brilliant!

Brian, thank you for all you did for us:)

Justyna and Peter

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Justyna J
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really fun and really easy”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

With three first time surfers in our group of four (including a 9 and 6 year old) I was a bit nervous about whether it would be fun or hard work. I needn't have been. Brian gave an on beach practice run, then took us out into the waist deep water with nice little waves. We all stood up on our first go and had 90 minutes of super fun. The kids are begging for another lesson with Brian and I'm going to make time. It's great value for money and Brian is brilliant.

1 Thank mauimermaid1
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome surfing experience every time!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I have been surfing with Brian on our Maui vacations for several years now. We make sure to contact him when we book our trip so we can be sure to get out on the waves. Our most recent trip enabled us to book several consecutive lessons and really progress. Brian is the best of both worlds, he makes sure we are constantly improving our skills but also having a blast at the same time - we are on vacation after all! We will be back on the island soon and you can be guaranteed we'll be booking some more lessons. I highly recommend Soul Surfing Maui, if you want to learn to surf, or improve your skill set no question these are the folks to talk to.
Aloha!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Christine E
Calgary, Canada
“Soul Surfing Maui style, baby!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Soul Surfing is outstanding! Not only did I get up on my first attempt, but I was coached on how to surf with style. Brian DeCook's easy-to-follow lessons, foresight into the best beachs and weather condition, and excellent equipment, put Soul Surfing ahead of the rest. Brian's professional, yet easygoing demeanor make you feel like you've made an instant friend! 8 years ago, I attended a week long surf clinic with Brian. Not only did I learn to surf, but Brian provided daily activities geared towards my interests, a beautiful condo to stay in, and delicious meals. Last month I had the fortune of returning to Maui with my family, in which time we took a surf lesson with Brian. Everyone got up on their first wave after Brian's tutorial. Soul Surfing is a must-try if you're looking for fun and surf in Maui!

Visited November 2012