“Anuther great outing with Bran and two new surfing converts!”
Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Anuther great outing with Bran and two new surfing converts!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was in Maui with two girlfriends last week so I signed us all up for a lesson with Brian. One was fine, the other was in her words "not a strong swimmer" and fearful of deep water, sharks and other unidentified things to do with surfing. Brian was patient, empowering, and by the end of the lesson she told me ths was the best thing out of the five days in Maui. We all had fun and enjoyed many nice rides in gentle surf. Brian supplies rashguards, booties, and encouragement. I have taken lessons with Brian three times now and everyone I bring along (from age 17-50) has had a great time surfing, even if they have never been before and profess to have deep seated fears. I highly recommend giving Brian, and surfing, a try!

Visited August 2012

Citrus Heights, California, United States
“It was a blast!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Brian was really helpful in his instruction and thank god he had shoes for all of us to wear. It was my brother, me and my 70 year old dad. The wave were just right and Brian's advice to walk back in after you ride a wave really saved us from exhaustion. It was really good advice. All three of us got up and surfed during the lessons. It was my first time and well and my dad's and it was a blast. Thanks Brain.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best surf teacher in Maui”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After many years of absence in surifing activities, I took a refresher course from Brian.
He was very helpful and had a great deal of patience to get me back to surfing.
His excellent teaching technique and great interpersonal skills made me feel extremely confortable to take his private lesson. After his lesson, I flew to Honolulu and did have a great surfing off Diamondhead. Thanks a million to Brian, I am back in surfing!! I do highly recommend his lesson for all levels of surfers as well as total beginners.When you are in Maui, contact Soul Surfing Maui.

Visited March 2012
, California, United States
“Great Expereince”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

On a recent trip to Maui, my 12 year old daughter and I were looking for a surf lesson. My daughter is a little adverse to having "male" instructors, but after a little push from me she agreed to take a lesson with Brian. Needless to say, we had a great time. She was up and surfing on her second attempt.

Brian is professional, fun and works great with all aged students (as evidenced by me and my daughter). The name of Brian's company says it all "Soul Surfing"...he brings the Island spirit to the sessions and you are always relaxed, yet ready. The worse part of our experience was we took the lesson with Brian on our second to last day - the good thing is, my daughter was so comfortable and had such a great time that I booked a second session with her and Brian for the morning we were leaving the Islands. If you are looking to surf in a relaxed and positive environment - call Brian. But do it early in your visit so you can spend more time in the water.

Visited July 2012
“Great Surf Instructor!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I surfed with Brian for three days in a row this past week. Brian returned every email I sent setting up my dates, told me exactly where to meet him each day, and was on time. Most importantly, he is a very good instructor. I had surfed a few times before and I was standing up and turning consistently on my 3rd day. I was "stoked!"