“Best surf teacher in Maui”
Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After many years of absence in surifing activities, I took a refresher course from Brian.
He was very helpful and had a great deal of patience to get me back to surfing.
His excellent teaching technique and great interpersonal skills made me feel extremely confortable to take his private lesson. After his lesson, I flew to Honolulu and did have a great surfing off Diamondhead. Thanks a million to Brian, I am back in surfing!! I do highly recommend his lesson for all levels of surfers as well as total beginners.When you are in Maui, contact Soul Surfing Maui.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

On a recent trip to Maui, my 12 year old daughter and I were looking for a surf lesson. My daughter is a little adverse to having "male" instructors, but after a little push from me she agreed to take a lesson with Brian. Needless to say, we had a great time. She was up and surfing on her second attempt.

Brian is professional, fun and works great with all aged students (as evidenced by me and my daughter). The name of Brian's company says it all "Soul Surfing"...he brings the Island spirit to the sessions and you are always relaxed, yet ready. The worse part of our experience was we took the lesson with Brian on our second to last day - the good thing is, my daughter was so comfortable and had such a great time that I booked a second session with her and Brian for the morning we were leaving the Islands. If you are looking to surf in a relaxed and positive environment - call Brian. But do it early in your visit so you can spend more time in the water.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I surfed with Brian for three days in a row this past week. Brian returned every email I sent setting up my dates, told me exactly where to meet him each day, and was on time. Most importantly, he is a very good instructor. I had surfed a few times before and I was standing up and turning consistently on my 3rd day. I was "stoked!"

Reviewed July 11, 2012

For the $90, small group rate, my 12 year had a lesson with just one other person. Brian was a great teacher and rotated his help between the two of them the entire 2 hours. He chose the best beach for that day less than 24 hours before based on the waves and told us exactly where to meet him. He provided everything she needed and she was up quickly. She loved it!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Brian is great , he provides a very personnel service and cares. My boys were up on the first wave, myself I got up a couple of waves later. He is encouraging and makes sure you have a great time. We give him a 5 star rating. If you come to Maui look him up we will again.

Brian from so cal