“Great Lessons”
Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
“Great Lessons”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had lessons many years ago and could not compare to Brian's instructions. My kids also took lessons and picked it up quickly. Rented baords from Brian the next day and compared his instruction to others around us. Brian's is very personalized and great to get you started.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Unome2

Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We took another lesson with Brian during our Maui vacation (we had done this three years ago with our 18 year old and had a great time). This trip it was two couples and we had a great day. Brian is easygoing, safety conscious and set up with rashguards (and booties if needed). I got a great ride nearly every wave and everyone had a blast. Brian was constructive in his coaching and knows how to help you get the most out of the experience. He also runs personalized surf camps which sound like a great option if you know you want to do some surfing every day and he provides different equipment and locations as you progress. 10 out of 10 rating by all of us.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Steph8586
Saskatchewan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Surfing was awesome!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

When we booked our trip to Maui I knew one of the things I wanted to do was learn to surf. I read a great review of Soul Surfing Maui, so contacted Brian to arrange a semi-private lesson for 3 of us.
After suiting up with booties and rash guards we climbed onto our boards for some on-land instruction before hitting the waves. We were all able to get up on our very first try and kept paddling back for more. Brian is extremely easy-going, patient and encouraging; the love he has for surfing really comes through in the way he teaches. He does his absolute best to ensure that each of his students are safe and have a great experience in the water.
Had we been on Maui for longer I definitely would've booked in for another lesson.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank chelizsch
Kungsängen, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
“Excellent surfing lesson!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My 2 teenagers had a fabulous time with Brian De Cook - they hit the waves after a few minute on the beach learning basic techniques ... both were surfing within 30 minutes! Brian seems to have a gift in teaching and is a very friendly, easy-going person while still being very professional. My only regret is that we didn't have time for additional lessons to hone the kids' surfing skills!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Meg W
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now our new favourite sport”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have to admit, i didn't have huge interest in surfing, but always up for something new and exciting,...Well, we had such an easy, fun, relaxed and fabulous time learning to surf with Brian, that I'll never again go on a hot holiday without surfing every day. I LOVED it, and couldn't have enjoyed (or attempted it) without such great coaching. I loved surfing and am absolutely coming back to Maui just to play. Thanks man!

Visited December 2011