“Excellent staff, sardine-packed boat”
Review of Frogman II Snorkeling Cruise - CLOSED

Frogman II Snorkeling Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Malolo is a 55 ft power catamaran that holds up to 66 passengers. Leaving out of Ma'alaea Harbor Slip 87, near the Coast Guard Station. The Malolo departs daily to 2 snorkel sites (Weather Permitting).
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The gals working on the boat were top-notch - friendly and knowledgable about whales. That said, there were simply too many people on the boat. We did not even have a real seat, and everyone who did was practically sitting on top of each other. Understood they're trying to maximize revenue, but it shouldn't be at the expense of reasonable comfort of the paying customers.

1  Thank Mellogirl5
in 12 reviews
"crater"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had taken this snorkel excursion before, but it was in the afternoon. The morning cruise was by far the better choice. Breakfast was served and the very informative and friendly crew went over the safety and island rules. Don't TOUCH ANYTHING! We were there in February so we got to see lots of whales, the crew pointed them out and the captain allowed passengers to take pictures instead of speeding off to our snorkeling destination. Molokini was amazing, the crew offered wet suits for a very reasonable fee. Lunch was also included in this excursion. By the end of the excursion, we were on a first name basis with most of the crew members. Will definitely do this again if given the opportunity!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

You definitely get your money's worth with this trip! Upon arrival and while you get settled on the boat, breakfast is waiting for you and so is the very helpful crew! Along the ride to the first snorkeling location, the crew hands out gear that they provide. They will also stop the boat if any whales, turtles, etc. come by so you can take pictures or just enjoy the wildlife! This crew was by far the most informative group I met my entire vacation and they were more than willing to answer any questions you might have, whether you're a first time snorkeler or just have any general questions. After the second stop the crew already had lunch waiting for us also! You can definitely tell that they have been doing these tours a long time and they know what they are doing!! I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone who wants to have a great time!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I don't make it out to islands very much, so I was a bit shaky on how I would handle the boat ride. My biggest fear isn't what's in the water, but how my stomach will deal with being above the water. I shouldn't have feared. The Frogman 2, it's captain, and it's crew were top notch. They explained everything we were going to do, played music, told jokes, basically made the entire trip both in and out of the water a great experience. Their snorkel gear, wet suites (available if you want them but are not needed with the warm water) and even underwater cameras they rent out were quality stuff. No cheep or beat up equipment being handed out.

Next time we are back in Hawaii we will be booking another trip with them. It just kind of felt like we were out with a big group of friends which is exactly what I want my island experience to be.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A great experience. Nice continental breakfast, comfy ride and knowledgeable friendly crew. Molokini was OK, not as many different fishes as we had hoped and way too many people (other boats). We saw a few whale spouts and tails off in the distance on the trip there. Turtle Town was the best part. We saw 4 turtles, an eel and a few others I can't name. Beautiful reef, would have been happy to have spent the entire water time there. Lunch on the return trip was satisfying. Great price, beautiful sights and accommodating staff. Worth the money and time!