“pretty walk”

Tropical Gardens of Maui
Ranked #22 of 51 things to do in Wailuku
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It was kind of a long drive from Kihei so I was sad the bathrooms were out of order. It's kind of a shack looking place where you pay but I guess I was just there for the flowers. We were here in July so no mosquitos and lots of blooms. I liked the gazebo and pond.I saw a few orchids,was surprised how many plants were from other regions. All in all I had fun and stayed about 30 minutes.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Never been here in all 20 years but it was quite breathtaking and yes heavenly as described by my companion! I was not surprised that it rained but perfectly timed cause we were done touring the grounds on our own. People really could get lost here which is crappy but what was also junky was the sad excuse of a gift shop, the only worker in the store (Another one without any customer service skills.seriously how do these people get the good jobs without any basic human kindness is beyond me?)You offer a military discount but no kamaaina discount?what is wrong with this picture?there was a groundskeeper with a Latin accent who greeted us on our trail.do you really have a worker like that or did I just imagine him?you never know?the grounds certainly needed upkeep and the bathrooms were out of service. No large orchid in sight but beautiful foliage all around. You need to hire more staff that will actually care like that mysterious gardener...

1  Thank intheraw
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The gardens host the finest of Hawaii and Maui's flora. Most are there by way of the original Polynesians anyway, so there is a lot that is not know if it is original to the Island, but great tropical stuff anyway. There are many, many photo ops.

1  Thank Cindyhj
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I came because of all the raving reviews. You've got to be kidding right? Are these real people reviewing this place?

First of all it costs $5 to visit for something you could see for free elsewhere in Maui. Secondly, if you really want to see pretty gardens, go to Kauai. Third, the whole place is hilly and SLIPPERY (moss growing). Lastly, this place is infested with mosquitos that your 25% Deet spray won't even work! What makes me most mad is that they actually sell a tiny little pack of one time use Deet wipe for $1/each.

The little cheap xerox sheet they give you says that the tour is 25-35 minutes. We were done by 15 minutes. The garden isn't really that impressive, and we came back not with memories but with hundreds of bites.

2  Thank Aqu T