I spent 9 days at Banana Bungalow.
I had an incident in my room and staff was prompt to solve my problem, offered me a private room for a couple days and were very friendly.
Rooms are small (2 bunk beds), and ok for cleanness and comfort. Problem is the noise outside (both street and from people partying). I only had a good night sleep when I had my iPod running. You should ask for a quieter room, so you won't face the street or the common area.
Bathrooms were not bad. There are a few private bathrooms available, shower was ok, pretty clean considering is a hostel at an island (no sand).
Location is not good, minimum 50 minutes by bus to go to a nice beach. But if you're doing the tours, as I did, location is not a problem. There is a market close by and bus stop as well.
The tours are awesome, and are a great way to meet people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel caters to backpackers, travelers and surfers wanting to get the best out of Maui,and the best value for their money. Your stay comes with a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. We offer more free amenities than any other hostel in Hawaii, probably the world. We offer FREE TOURS of MAUI EVERY DAY!: 12-Mile Haleakala Volcano Hike, The Road to Hana, Iao Valley Rainforest Hike, Whale Watching (seasonal), Snorkel with Turtles, Historic Lahaina and Paia Towns, Beaches, Beaches, Beaches!Large Tropical Garden with 7-Person Jacuzzi, Large Shared Kitchen, Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet Computer, Free pancake breakfast, Free keg parties every Friday night! "BACKPACKERS SHOULD HEAD TO BANANA BUNGALOW" - Frommer's 2011, "LIVELY AND COSMOPOLITAN HOSTEL" - Fodor's 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Wailuku