“Great Value”

Seascape Ma'alaea Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Wailuku
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Conveniently located in Central Maui, Seascape Ma'alaea Restaurant is a favorite among Kama'aina and visitors alike. Our award-winning restaurant offers an enticing menu of island-inspired cuisine along with spectacular views of Ma'alaea Harbor. It's the perfect dining destination to relax with a refreshing Cucumber Watermelon-rita while watching for Humpback whales or surfers, depending on what season we're in! Locally grown ingredients bring out the best of Maui flavors. Mouthwatering 100% wild caught blue crab cakes and the chef's creatively prepared fresh catch of the day are just a few dishes on the diverse, sustainable seafood-friendly menu. Kids' menu and gluten free or vegetarian options are also available. There are two convenient entrances, one inside the Aquarium and the other near the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops. Now serving dinner Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Aquarium admission is not required to dine.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

It was a very hot day when we went to Seascape. The open air dining was surprisingly cool and what a great view of Ma'alaea Harbour. My wife had the hamburger and I had the Calamari Steak and Shrimp. These meals were absolutely delicious and the size of the portions were enormous. The service was fantastic and our drinks were refilled before we had to ask. The best part was when we received the bill, great value for the view and meals.

1  Thank Tom K
There are newer reviews for Seascape Ma'alaea Restaurant

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We ate here for lunch on our last day in Maui. The view of the harbor was nice. We enjoyed the mahi-mahi . It was one of the best prepared fish meals we had in our 14 day Hawaiian stay. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank diannecarol
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

It was only place to eat, service was slow and food was average at best , better off eating at Carls jr next door for 1/8 th price

1  Thank dvond
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We finished our tour of the aquarium and we were starving so walked into this open air restaurant overlooking the ocean located within steps of the Aquarium. Our waitress was awesome! I say that enthusiastically, as she was what made the lunch fun for my daughter. In fact, if rating on service alone I'd give her more stars than I have listed on this review. She made friends with our daughter and was playful with her, even putting in her order immediately because she knew my daughter was hungry. My daughter gobbled the pasta right up so props to that waitress! I wish I got her name as she really was excellent.

The restaurant overlooks the ocean and had a good breeze throughout the open-aired restaurant on a humid day. Another enjoyable element is that the restaurant lists popular menu items with stars on their menus, which I found to be extremely helpful because as a Yelper I always want to eat the best thing.

Hubs went for the Island Burger and I with the mahi mahi fish and chips with coleslaw which were both star rated. The fish was breaded nicely and the chips were just okay. I guess the best way to describe both the burger and the fish was that it was good but not memorable. I'd like to give more stars but with all the food on Maui I hesitate to give more than the average rating, as it was just an average lunch, nothing i would need to seek out.

The tables need some attending to though. We were seated at a table that had a bunch of paper stuck to it. It was like someone put a big sticker on it and ripped off pieces. Not the best first impression when sitting down to eat. If you are at the Ocean Center and hungry like we were its a great accompaniment to a fun aquarium with good food.

1  Thank MommaKB
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I always eat here after enjoying the aquarium. One of the best views on Maui! Even better when the whales are here. They have a great variety to choose from. Food for little ones, too. We have never had a bad meal here. The waitstaff is always friendly. We do avoid it on Sundays and Mondays. The cruise ship is in and they get priority (which I appreciate, as we love to cruise and appreciate this since time is limited). Definitely worth eating here!