“A diamond in the rough...”
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stopped at Flatbread Company for lunch on our last day in Maui. Not gonna lie - our impression of Paia in general was that it seemed a bit run-down and shady...we didn't feel super-secure parking our rental car in the public lot. That being said, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked into Flatbread Company. The atmosphere was fun and the host and waitress were warm and friendly. We ordered a 16" Mopsy's Kalua Pork and it was FANTASTIC. We polished off the whole thing. We will definitely be back if we venture into Paia again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,370)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I always stop in Paia on our way out of town before we go to the airport. This trip we decided to go to a different restaurant and walked in the door and couldn't do it. We went back to Flatbread Pizza Company. We share a salad and the Mopsy's Kalua Pork Flatbread (pizza). They are our favorites. We love this place. It is excellent. Wood fired oven gives you that thin crisp crust and the smoky flavor.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying in Pa’ia and decided to cancel our reservation at another popular restaurant to try this one instead... we were feeling like a more casual meal, and this one did not disappoint!! We have a wood fire pizza place in our home town that we love, so I was a little hesitant to give this a try, but I’m SO GLAD we did!!
My husband and I don’t see eye to eye on pizza toppings, so we were originally going to order two separate pizzas until our server told us we could do half & half... even with different sauces!! sold!!! I immediately decided on the Kuhla Pork Pizza (which is EVERYTHING Hawaiian Pizza should be... absolutely DELISH!) and my husband decided on Pepperoni & Mushroom (which actually was also very good!!)

We opted for another popular local restaurant the next night and all either of us could think was that we wished we would have come back here again!! Do yourself a favor & try this pizza!!

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Nice thin crust for those of us who are looking for that. Fresh, organic, local ingredients. Family friendly.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We were on the road to hana after a 5.5 hour flight from lax. Starving, we saw this place and pulled over to get something to eat. Everyone treated us like we were regulars. We ordered a vegan flatbread (no meat or cheese). I haven't had such an excellent thin crust pizza since I used to go to delorenzo in Hamilton, nj for tomato pie. The flatbread was so good that although we couldn't finish it there, we took it with us and ate it in the way to hana.