“When in Maui...STOP HERE!!”
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“When in Maui...STOP HERE!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

The "Jays Heart" flatbread was amazing! The 16inch is def more than enough to split with someone. It also brought peace to my mind that all the ingredients were fresh and natural. My husband and I LOVE pizza and at first we were bummed it was "flatbread"... But as they say tomatoe vs. tomato (get it?). Anywho... I had the something "lemonade" which after 2.. I was definitely feeling nice! The atmosphere is very friendly, inviting and colorful... Def a "surfer/relaxed" vibe. Lexi the bartender was very attentive (or attractive as my hubby would say) and friendly. We definitely fell in love with the place. If your in town make sure to stop here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Another Favorite Place”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Who knew I would find one of my favorite pizzas of all time in Hawaii? Not me! But all I can say is "Oh my god, is this pizza ever good!" It's so good, that my hubby and I had to make a second trip to this pizza joint right before we caught a plane back to the mainland.

All I can do is hit myself for not finding this place earlier. See I have been to Maui several times but this was our first visit to the Flatbread Co. I remember back in 2007 my dad wanted to eat at this place but I wouldn't let him because who eats pizza when they are in Hawaii? Well, flashforward to May 2010 and hubby and I were in Paia and having eaten at all the fish places we decided to try the remaining pizza place. Let me just say "oh, my god!" Boy, do I ever regret not letting dad eat there years ago!

What makes this pie amazing? Well... all the pizzas are made using organic ingredients from local farms making everything super tasty. During our first visit last week we tried the mixed green salad with a small pizza. Not only was the salad extremely tasty but the pizza which we decided to get half of one kind (a vegetable special) and half of another (the sausage) was amazingly good. I think we wished we would have ordered the big one. Not because we were still hungry but so we had some to take back to the hotel!

The pizza lingered in our thoughts and made us return a few hours before our flight home. This time we ordered the large pizza and tried two new varities (the kuala pork and a carne asada special). Once again both kinds were very, very good.

Mouth watering good is all I can say about this place. I can't wait to go here again! You can be sure I will be thinking about this pizza until I get to go back. All I can say now is "Why wouldn't you eat pizza in Maui?"

Visited July 2014
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Delicious, Fresh Local Ingredients”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

After a long flight from the East Coast we decided to stay in town for dinner. The Flatbread Co was an excellent choice. Very casual setting - large open dining room. Try to sit in the front room as you will be able to watch the pizza making process with the pizza oven being the focal point. Could be a bit warm though from the pizza oven.

Pizza is made in 2 sizes; 12 and 16 inches. The menu and waitress suggested 1 pie feeds 2 people. We were a party of four and ordered 2 pies. Not being very big eaters, we had about 1/4 leftover. We also started with two salads as well.

The food was excellent! The local ingredients in the salads made for a nice start. Especially the goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Very very good! We ordered the Paia Bay Ohana pie ( mushroom and onion) and one of the daily specials - eggplant with peppers, onions and a drizzle of teriyaki sauce. Wow on both!! Very thin crust and not cut in your traditional pizza-wedge style. Cut in a long-thinner rectangle shape. Makes for good sharing in a group. Waitress also pointed out you could do a 1/2-and-1/2 pie where you could pick two off the menu and make one pie. Also good for sharing in a group.

When in Paia make a point to grab a meal here. You will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2014
Maui
“Good food, Kinda warm though....”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Loved the food, just thought it was a bit warm inside during August though. I noticed the table facing the wood fired oven standing up their menus to help block the heat....... Maybe not the best table in the house.

• Visited August 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Tasty food with a great vibe”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have eaten at Flatbread a couple of times and when it was time to pick a restaurant to go to in Paia, we immediately thought of Flatbread. There were four of us (three adults and a toddler) and we had a great meal. We ordered two small vegetarian pizzas and they were very good. They have gluten free crusts and they were quite tasty. I would like to see seafood options since there are so much great seafood available on Maui. Service was prompt, friendly and we will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014