“Food good; service not so much”
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped by Flatbread Company for lunch. The pizza and mai tai were very good, although (like others have said) they seem to skimp a bit on the pizza toppings. I had maybe three bites that contained goat cheese, and there were not many tomatoes.

Service was not very friendly or prompt, and it wasn't busy. I did enjoy the music.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,033)

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I can't make a trip to Maui without stopping by this place. The food is fresh and amazing and the restaurant seems to have a lot of heart. I will always recommend this stop, but the servers don't always pay attention between the ordering and food delivery. It could have been they were short staffed but I had to fetch sugar myself and place empty cups on the end of the table to get refills. It also took a while to get checked on after food arrived. She was occupied with dirty tables, but when it's hot, anticipate your needs. My previous several visits have been amazing though, I haven't been here in 2 years though so this can be the new norm. I hope not!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

All our friends recommended Flatbread so we had to try it. Not much to say except the pizza was good and beer cold. I liked the curst, it wasn't over done. As others have said, a few more slices of red pepper and red onion wouldn't have killed them. Music a little loud, but it was 60's music so we sang along!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Based on all the great reviews, we chose this restaurant when meeting a friend for lunch. We opted to get a double portion of salad and a 16-inch Vegetarian pizza to split between three adults. The salad was so good, very fresh ingredients, a delicious dressing, and large - we each ate two servings prior to the pizza arriving and there was still some left over.

The pizza was also delicious - thin crust, great sauce, very fresh veggies. My only complaint, as others have said, was that there was not a lot of veggies on it. With having the salad, we also could not finish all the pizza.

This is not a cheap place, but the food is very good.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We love this place. While it can get a bit warm thanks to the pizza oven, the back porch is always pleasant. The organic salad comes fresh with a fantastic dressing. Adding the tangy goat cheese makes it even better. We split the homemade sausage pizza...perfect crust and just the right amount of toppings. The service is friendly and casual. Relax and enjoy the fresh food and good value.