“great food, disorganized service”
Review of Fresh Mint - CLOSED

Fresh Mint
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
San Diego, California
“great food, disorganized service”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Loved the food! The staff was well-meaning, but seemed nearly clueless on how to provide efficient service. But maybe that made it more like the full-on Sixties experience, as befits Paia. Charming. but just don't be too famished or in a hurry....

maui
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely brilliant!”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

We went to Fresh Mint in Paia last night for Valentine's Day and were thoroughly surprised at how delicious the food was. The prices were also totally reasonable. We had spring rolls with peanut sauce as an appetizer (#3 on the menu) followed by a curried eggplant/tofu dish (#21, I think) with brown rice and salad and a Sesame "Chicken" dish (#25 or 26, I think) also with brown rice and salad. Out total bill was $25! There were only a couple of people dining when we got there (around 7pm) but by the time we left the place was packed and all tables were full. My boyfriend was rather critical of the bad paint on the walls, the folding chairs, the terrible lighting and the exposed extension cords.... but I didn't mind a bit. The food was amazing. I categorically despise eggplant, but even that was good. I also am not a big fan of tofu, and that was delicious! Finally, I have been vegetarian for years and don't generally eat things that are meant to taste/look/feel like meat, but I loved the "chicken" too. My boyfriend is not vegetarian, but he also thought the food rocked. It was an absolute delight. I cannot believe I have lived here for a year and haven't ventured into this place yet. I will back heaps now and am looking forward to ordering take out from Fresh Mint also. Absolutely brilliant!

1 Thank caliozmauigirl
Longmont, Colorado
“True haven for veg food”
Reviewed February 7, 2007

It is amazing how much variety they can churn for an all vegetarian menu. I think it will satisfy meat eaters too since the veg menu is tasty and interesting. It is not a pseudo meat dishes kind of place but is vegetarian in the true sense. We loved it and visited it twice or thirce in our short stay.

Long Beach, Ca.
“yummy and worth the wait!”
Reviewed August 15, 2005

This place is fantastic! We went to the one in Kahului twice while we were on vacation. It doesn't look like much, it's in a warehouse with folding chairs and tables, but you just have to give it a chance. The waitress was the sweetest thing in the world, and sooo helpful. The first time we went we were practically the only ones there and food came fast, but the second time, it was packed. It does take a long time to get your food, but that is probably because there are only two little asian ladies working in the kitchen.

You must get the fresh summer rolls with peanut sauce for the appetizer. So fresh and delicious! I had the Vegetarian Citrus Spare Rib Cutlets and it was so good. It reminds me very much of Zen Palette in New York, only smaller and vietnamese. I wasn't crazy about the Soy chicken (a little rubbery), but the soy fish is light and delicious.

A TripAdvisor Member
“poor service - slow”
Reviewed March 21, 2005

the service was slow and the food was not fresh.
the lemon grass noodle soup made my stomach sick.

william