Tripadvisor
Paia

“Mama's Fish House again amazes!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed January 21, 2020

My husband and I visited Mama's for our anniversary. We have been to Mama's almost every time we have been in Maui. Service was fantastic, Gill explained the different fish and the foodie words my husband didn't recognize. The MaiTai was exquisite, hmmmm! The chef sent out a small cup of delicate asparagus bisque. We wanted more! Our fish dishes were delicious. My husband tried out the opah snd was very impressed with the preparation, tender and flavorful. I had the kompachi stuffed with lobster and crab. The combination was amazing, I loved all the flavors.
My husband had room for dessert and enjoyed his ice cream sundae (ice cream is his secret love)!
What will definitely keep us coming back to Mama's is the manager coming over and giving me a beautiful lei for our anniversary and a special card congratulating us on our anniversary. They know how to make the customer feel special.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (14,176)

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

I had lunch here with three friends. Beautiful restaurant, great views, delicious food, extraordinarily expensive. I would recommend.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Mama's Fish House is iconic - and for great reasons! The experience from pulling in to pulling out in exceptional. There is complimentary valet service when you pull in - there is NO self parking! Once you leave the valet, you check in for the restaurant and they make note of your valet number (very nice touch in case you lose your ticket!). You then walk down to the wonder that is Mama's ... beautiful ocean views with large, crashing waves! You then walk the lizard shaped paver path to the entry of the restaurant. Inside, the decor is hand carved wood that is lacquered to a beautiful shine. There are fresh, real flowers everywhere - including on each table. The wait staff only care for 3 tables at a time, so service is incredibly attentive. Each portion of the meal is also brought out by different food runners.

Our table had appetizers, dinner and dessert and I think 2 cocktails each. The bill was enormous - and worth every penny!!! Do not miss Mama's Fish House on your trip to Maui! The good news is that you won't have to go to any other "higher end" restaurants on your trip because absolutely nothing will compare to Mama's!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We felt that the effort of booking Mamas Fish House for lunch was a special and enjoyable dining experience. The breathtaking view of the waterfront , the exceptional flower arrangements and the carved lacquered wood in a quaint and unique restaurant environment.
Service is attentive and polished. The food was exceptional with the fresh Ahi tuna with Asian spices , fresh shrimp in a very light coconut milk broth and a wonderful curry ahi and Mahi mahi combination. It is difficult to describe the delicate mix of spices that kitchen does so well.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Perfectly prepared seafood, wonderful, knowledgable staff. I have eaten wonderful food in many places, I have never had a view like the view from Mama's. It is an expensive meal, but go for the whole experience. Savor the food, listen to the sound of the waves, watch the sun play on the waves. A feast for all of the senses!

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Mama's Fish House? Share your experiences!