“Everything is Wonderful!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This might be my favorite restaurant of all time. I go here every time I visit Maui. Everything is amazing. The setting is beautiful and has such a calming vibe. The service is impeccable. The food is delicious. We went here for my brothers birthday dinner and he isn't a fish fan so I was a little worried. He went for a beef option and loved it. It's not just the fish options that are outstanding it's everything. Dine here for an all round perfect experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,854)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is the most expensive meal we had while in Maui. It cost $70 for three appetizers and a beer. Cost not withstanding, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The service is SPECTACULAR. We sat at the bar for lunch (we were told it's less pricey than dinner), overlooking the gorgeous ocean view. The bartender was knowledgeable about the meals, and paid close attention to allergy concerns. To leave you with an understanding of how delicious the food is, my husband doesn't normally like fish, and ate up every last bite of the poke. Make this a stop even if only for a drink/app.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I ordered the Hawaiian Typical Food Dish (or whatever it was called) and got all kinds of weird foods including some purple paste and some other inedible stuff. And I am not ususally conservative with food.

So if you like Hawaiian food, enjoy it. Otherwise beware.

1  Thank assaf_ta
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We ate here for dinner on our last trip to Maui after our friends suggested we try it. And I'm glad we did. We had a reservation for 8 and had an excellent table with a view. I suggest you make a reservation prior to your arrival. The view is spectacular at sunset and the restaurant has an excellent spot for photos. They do have a children's menu, and the kids entrees are $20. I ordered a fish with butter and capers and it was excellent. Everyone loved their meals, really one of the best meals we had on Maui, but also the most expensive! We did get an great photo of the fam at sunset too!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We loved everything about this restaurant from the beautiful space to the delicious dinner and the fantastic service. It was our favorite dinner in both Oahu and Maui - I highly recommend it!