“Best restaurant on Maui”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had heard about Mama's all week so decided to have lunch there before heading to the airport. We are so happy that we did. It is the prettiest place on Maui and had absolutely the best fish! Everyone was lovely and helpful. We started with cerviche which was out of this world. We both had ahi for the entrée -- it melted in our mouths. I am sorry that we could not spend the afternoon watching the kite-surfers and the waves hitting the rocks. Truly an experience not to be missed.

1  Thank EvanstonTraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (11,283)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

The location of Mama's is probably one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The sunset is by far one of the most magical. The service is impeccable. Everyone from the hostess to the bus boy are super. Water glasses are never empty, not a moment when you are wondering where your server is. So, the very good, but I've had better part is the food. I expected my entree to have more flavor and more of a wow factor. I had the mahi mahi stuffed with crab and lobster, it was not flavorful enough. Additionally, it was served with a small corn on the cob and 3 very weak looking pieces of asparagus... And a bit of rice. Not exactly what I would expect for $52. That all said, of all the items we did eat, the sashimi appetizer was the most unique and flavorful.
I would come back again, but mostly for the view, ambiance, and service.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were told by some friends to have dinner at Mama's , so we made reservations and enjoyed the last night on Maui here. It was amazing! Fish was so fresh and very good. I am now telling friends to make sure and dine here while visiting the island. You must make reservations several days in advance as it is a very popular restaurant. On a side note the grounds are beautiful go early and watch the sunset.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

The food is incredible. The ambiance is wonderful. We stopped in after touring the island and were amazed at the experience. I have been told that this place was great, but that is an understatement. All of us had fish and everything was perfect. You cannot go wrong! If you are in Maui, this is a must!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a completely wonderful lunch here. We tried to make reservations for dinner but they were booked a week in advance for all times, so we made lunch reservations . Our table was right perfect with the ocean view.
We enjoyed:
Maui Onion Soup
Mahimahi stuffed with crab lobster
Hana Banana Crisp
Chocolate Kuau Pie

Yes, it was up there in price for two people, but it was worth it and we would return and recommend 100%